Sore throat what is safe to take?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

esmum Posts: 426
What is the safest thing to take for a sore throat ?
fifi28 Posts: 481
hi there is nothing you can take before 12 weeks except maybe halls soothers. if it is really bad though might be worth a trip to the doctor.i was told after 12 weeks paracetomol is fine when really needed. hope it gets better soon :wv
babybambino Posts: 940
Try gargling with warm salty water, it's a natural antiseptic. Just try not to swallow any. Also take spoonfuls of honey (If you're allowed honey when pregnant)
ellee Posts: 666
You could try gargling in salt and water. Also soluable disprin and maybe spit it out? Talk to the pharmacist maybe...
babybambino Posts: 940
Great minds think alike! You used to be able to get this amazing stuff in the chemist, betadine mouthwash but they've taken it off the market. It was antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral and would kill anything!
Toni Baloney Posts: 544
Hiya, Get some Manuka honey (as high strength as you can afford) and use it in everything you can, in porridge, soups ets. When I get a sore throat I mix some honey with fresh squeezed lemon and some ginger. The honey is the biz though.
esmum Posts: 426
Thanks for the replies . Tried the honey last night and got a good nights sleep fell a lot better this morning.