Sparklers for wedding? How / when

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

JustJess Posts: 368
Having a winter wedding and love the idea of sparklers. Anyone been to a wedding where they used sparklers? Would lov if we came out of the venue and people had them lit but its a 2pm wedding so I don't think we'd get the effect? Don't really want to get people outside on a cold night eithe, though our reception area has the smoking balcony (which is lovely) just outside the eating area. Also thinking of everyone having them lit when we are announced into the room. Not e if venue will allow that though. Any thoughts?
MyGirlLollipop Posts: 209
I also have considered sparklers and although i have never been to a wedding that have them i have seen fabulous pictures of people having them during their first dance. The couple dancing with their guests in a circle around them with sparklers but as you've mentioned you would have to consult with your venue to see what their policy is.
LittleLily Posts: 3682
[quote="MyGirlLollipop":27d546pv]The couple dancing with their guests in a circle around them with sparklers but as you've mentioned you would have to consult with your venue to see what their policy is.[/quote:27d546pv] Make sure you check that whatever ones you get are for indoor use. I think all the ones I've ever used are for outdoors only. Blingy, depending on when in the winter your wedding is, it could be quiet dark by 2pm. So it could work out nicely. Are you having a church wedding? If so it could make for lovely photos if people have them for the post-ceremony-church-door chats / receiving line. I would have a row of candles ready lit so lots of people can light their sparklers at the same time.
JustJess Posts: 368
Thanks girls. Little Lily, no not having a church ceremony but the venue we are getting married in is a dis-used church so it does have that church feeling to it. I was thinking that too that it might be dark when we leave but I don't think it will be dark enough though. I think I've only used outdoor sparklers too, apart from the ones on desserts! Sure, knowing my luck it will be raining so won't even be able to use them :o0