Menu

Struggling with this!

Go to Engagement Stories

lasvegasguy12
New Wolly

Struggling with this!

Postby lasvegasguy12 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:27 pm

My girlfriend and I are going to Punta Cana at the end of May. I want to propose to her but I don’t want to take the actual engagement ring I bought for multiple reasons. 1 – Going through customs while still keeping it a surprise. 2 – Fear of leaving it in the room until I decide when and where. 3 – After proposing I’m worried about swimming in the pool and ocean and possibly losing the ring. 4 – Drawing attention to her hand and actually being robbed. So I want to propose with a fake ring while keeping the real one at home in a safe spot. Is this un-romantic? Will this ruin the moment? Will she always look back at this proposal and know it was a fake ring? I have attached a picture of the fake on the left that I want to buy for less than $100 and the real one on the right that I bought for around $10,000. Both are similar in design and both are 2 carats. So it’s not like she’ll get something that doesn’t at least resemble what she will get when we get back. Any thoughts from the woman out there. Would you want to be proposed to with a fake ring? I plan to take pictures of the real one and a video to show her her real ring after the proposal is complete.

DeeandKev
New Wolly

Re: Struggling with this!

Postby DeeandKev » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:37 am

Absolutely 100% go with the fake one. You will be so much more comfortable not carrying around the real one, you need to enjoy the engagement side of things too and it will increase her excitement with the anticipation of seeing the real one (especially when the fake one looks amazing too)
I just recently got engaged and he proposed with a fake ring as he wanted me to pick the real one myself. As it turns out the fake one he picked is exactly the same as the real one I picked, he has great taste!!! I am now wearing both! The jeweler actually said it was a good thing to have a fake one to take on holidays in the future or places that wouldn't be suitable for such a precious piece.
I'm so excited for you both, keep us posted on how you get on :-)

lasvegasguy12
New Wolly

Re: Struggling with this!

Postby lasvegasguy12 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:02 pm

Thank you. Your help and honesty is greatly appreciated.

Go to Engagement Stories