Swollen tum?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

NotHere Posts: 10273
As you may know, my tummy has been swollen and fairly solid for the last few days. Looking down at it here I appear to have a real beer belly! Been googling to see if this is something that might happen in early pregnancy (BC, you might find something quicker than me! Google expert!) or have I just piled on a load of weight? I put weight on over Christmas but have been behaving myself since :ooh
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Ooh this is an ambiguous one Butterfly! Can be either an early pregnancy symptom, or bloating prior to the arrival of the witch from hell! "Abdominal distention (swollen stomach) is a common condition, which usually results from over-eating, rather than from a serious illness. Simple weight gain, premenstrual syndrome (PMS), pregnancy, or the unconscious swallowing of air can also cause distention." Do you normally get this before she arrives? I do myself but don't have it at the moment (is it a sign??? O:| ) I'd say together with your other symptoms it's a good sign. This is such an exciting week! :o)ll
Would normally get it (but not as bad) day before or day of the witch. But it's been there since a week before she is due :ooh I feel like I might be but am so afraid to believe it :duh:
Don't know if this means anything but my gums have been bleeding a bit lately too. And I get a strange taste but not sure if it is the metallic one or not. Gums might be from something else so am booked into see the dentist about that.
Oh God, looked up bleeding gums and early pregnancy and found this: By the time a period has been missed, a pregnant women may notice that she's feeling rather warmer than usual. Increased blood flow is a pregnancy sign that many women experience and, as well as feeling warmer, gums may bleed and some people may experience nose bleeds. :eek I didn't even know that so couldn't have imagined it!
Mrs. Taz Posts: 1216
OMG Butterfly you are showing many positive symptoms, really hope this is your month :wv
So do I Mrs Taz (obviously!) I'm feeling really positive but afraid of the dreaded BFN :o( If it turns out to not be my month I will never take any physical discomforts etc as a sign again! :o0 And you're to remind of that too! :wv
mammybean Posts: 10364
this week is seriously going to wreck my head, btw the 2 pack of clear blue is cheaper in tesco. if u buy as many as i do u will save heaps
Mrs. Taz Posts: 1216
I will defo remind you of that Butterfly :o0 Thanks for that Beanies, never thought of buying them in Tesco
mammybean Posts: 10364
lol, i went today and bought one even though i knew it was too early and went ionto the toilets