Table Names for Christmas wedding

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

BiaBlasta Posts: 1002
I have posted about this before but would love to know what you all think, I was thinking about naming our tables after well known Christmas carols Winter Wonderland Let it Snow We wish you a merry Christmas being just a few. However, I was telling my friend about this the other day and she laughed >:o( and basically though it was a silly idea. I haven't told many people about my idea so am wondering will everyone have the same reaction. Also, has anyone else any nice ideas for table names wtih a Christmas Theme?? Thanks! :wv
mrstee Posts: 927
i think its a nice idea... dont listen to your friend (easier said than done) and dont forget its you and your h2bs day and go with whatever ye want some other songs: walking in the air all i want for xmas is you (pure cheese) have yourself a merry little xmas Frosty The Snowman Jingle Bells Jingle Bell Rock Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow! hope these help!
MyDreamWedding1 Posts: 1281
I think it is a lovely idea. It will really set the theme. I found a lot of people forcing their opinions on us were just a bit jealous. Dont pay any heed. Winter Weddings are fab, are you having a church wedding? If so you would not need too many flowers just fill the church with candles...so romantic.
chaos Posts: 1904
excellent idea!! how about all the raindeers names.... thats 9 tables! Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner/Donder, Blitzen, and Rudolph.
RECENTLY_WED Posts: 196
Don't mind your friend, I think names are a lot nicer than numbers, which seem to give a priority order. What about Dasher Dancer Prancer Vixen Comet Cupid Donner Blitzen as your table names?!
bangel Posts: 2285
Aw I like your idea! You could also do Christmas movies. Miracle on 34th Street Home Alone, etc
RECENTLY_WED Posts: 196
Hi Chaos.........We had a psychic connection and posted the same suggestion at the same time!! :o0 :wv
secret2012 Posts: 1134
I think its a great idea. Ill prob have around 12-18 tables so will need to create a few more reindeers but would love to do something like that.
katiemomma Posts: 2690
fairytale of newyork christmas carol silent night away in a manger we were at a wedding last xmas and we were at fairy tale of newyork table i thought it was a cool idea!! we were hoping to name ourtables of places we have been together or something like that but we have 30 tables so its not going to work! unless we go to 20 more places or something haha! dont mind your friend its like when i was pregnant i told people names i had picked out and they ruined it they made fun of the names etc. totally turned me off so i just dont tell anyone and do what i want and so should you! :-8 [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/] [img:141ixb0z]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10716;24/st/20090807/e/Our+Wedding/dt/5/k/2fe1/event.png[/img:141ixb0z] [/url]
chocbiscuitcake Posts: 658
I was at a Christmas event once (not a wedding!) and they had all the table names named after lines from Nat King Cole's Christmas song, you know: "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire", "Jack frost nipping at your nose" ,"Eyes all aglow", "A turkey and some mistletoe", "folks dressed up like Eskimos" etc. I loved it! And I'm not normally one to like tables with anything other than plain old numbers!