Menu

tell me how many months in advance should u select your dres

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

brideone Posts: 73
so when should you start looking at dresses? who should you bring with you.... :xox :-8
gottabfp Posts: 5641
bring close family and if any of them cry - then thats the dress!!! :o0 :o0 thats how i choose - sister started crying ( hormoes she just had a baby) mother didnt but she is made of stone :o0 :o0 she better cry on the day or il have to pinch her!
thanks -- how much time did u give yourself to start looking around?
snow09bride Posts: 356
hi depends on when your getting married- I'm getting married in early march and have just had one day out shopping- kinda have an idea of which designer I'm going for - few more appointments over the bank holiday - bringing my mam and sis- should allow at least 6 months for the dress to be ordered and altered- some places in dublin said 9 months!
crikey - i better start soon - getting married next may..... did they mention anything about styles and seasons??
bubblyblonde Posts: 1353
I'm getting married December and dont have my dress. I have looked in shops and have only seen one that interested me. They told me I have until July to get ordering and not to be stressing so you have loads of time :wv
shala Posts: 1733
I only ordered my dress over Easter and am getting married in October! At LEAST 6-7 months needed. (Dress most likely will need to be altered so u will need to allow for that) I wouldn't bring anymore than 2 people with me! Best of luck! :o)ll
honeyec Posts: 969
I ordered my dress at the end of August last year and it arrived into the shop on Friday - 3 weeks to the day to the wedding! So I would say, give yourself PLENTY of time - just in case.
sweet cheeks Posts: 1119
I ordered my Dress at Xmas nearly a year to our day. I'm still waiting now for the call to say it's in, they said between 4-5 months and then allow time for alterations. They do alterations on dresses that will be needed first.. so thats good if your under pressure.
2009 Bride Posts: 990
I'm ordering my dress the end of this week and I'm getting married 4th April next year. Started looking at the year mark and just happened to be really lucky and found a dress I adore. Once you order 6-7 months in advance you'll be fine and as Shala said allow a bit of extra time for adjustments to be made if necessary :wv