Telly in the bedroom - yay or nay?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Rogue User Posts: 6101
I hate the idea of a telly int he bedroom, think its a total passion killer. I love those moments spent in bed having a good oul chat and think telly ruins it. But by the loads of the many threads here it seems loads of girls have TVs in their bedrooms. So what do you think telly in the bedroom good idea or bad idea?
Mamaboom Posts: 2094
We've a TV/DVD player in our room and it's only been used since I've been at home. When I was working it was never switched on. I find it handy having it in the room now with feeding baby etc.
stick Posts: 1229
i was totally agiant tv in the bedroom but ran out of ideas for h2b's bday so ended up gettingone. he was totoally shock. we dont watch it mid week before gogint o sleep. mainly sat and sun mornings lyin in bed cuddling watchin it
aston Posts: 4100
[quote="b2b0411":1uqpq1tt]we dont watch it mid week before gogint o sleep. mainly sat and sun mornings lyin in bed cuddling watchin it[/quote:1uqpq1tt] Think this is the only way I would get one! I hate the thought of it but DH has mentioned it as his xmas pressie already!
Rubix Posts: 692
No tv in the bedroom, but I love it when we are staying in a hotel. We spend enough time on the laptops so thats enough electrical items in the bedroom for the time being.
MrsAH Posts: 3715
We have a tv in the bedroom, paper thin flat screen. We don't watch actual TV on it, just movies. Love Sunday morning movies with the dog and the cat :o0 Don't find it a passion killer at all, just turn it off!
Jawl Posts: 8881
We have a small plasma in the bedroom. Two tv's is the key to a harmonious relationship in these days of Sky fecking Sports :o0 :o0 It works for us. Its only ever switched on after 9 of a night, when I want to watch my own 'crap' and let him watch his. No way is it a passion killer, when I get horny, there's nothing can stop me, let alone a fecking tv screen :o0 >:o) >:o)
lovebug997 Posts: 4034
We used to have one in the bedroom but since we moved into our own house we don't and I don't miss it. The only thing that would make me put one in is it would be handy at the weekends to be able to turn on the cartoons for dd for a few mins to get an extra few mins sleep or for us to be able to chill in bed for a few mins before getting up. Or now when I'll have another baba it might give me a bit of peace in the mornings if dd is awake and calling me but I want to feed baba before going downstairs?
FlexyDee Posts: 4904
Nope, don't have one in the bedroom.
Rogue User Posts: 6101
We had one in our old house - it was a rented house, shared with another guy. He put the telly in our room (even though we asked him not too!) and I found that we talked a lot less (to one another) when it was there. But for some reason we did not get rid of it, it just became normal. So glad we don't have one now.