The minefield!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Lady Muck Posts: 19
Can some of you experienced girls help me. I'm trying to do the right thing, but it seems the only things I know for sure I'm allowed to eat are tayto's and chocolate :o0 [b:1ueug8rt]Does anyone know if I can have: [/b:1ueug8rt] Mayonnaise (Heinz etc) Salad cream (not homemade) Meringues When they say "deli meat” do they mean [b:1ueug8rt]all[/b:1ueug8rt] ham you buy, like packets of ham etc? Cream / home made ice cream Nuts (besides peanuts) Can I eat sauces that have cheese in them like “dolmio creamy tomato with ricotta cheese” or "lasagne sauce" that has eggs in the ingredients. Can I eat custard, (the stuff you make from the powder) How do you know if stuff is pasturised, what does it mean anyway? [b:1ueug8rt]Also, my number one question is: Can I dye my hair with a semi permanent dye?[/b:1ueug8rt] I can avoid the food but the hair is going to give me away, it's a disgrace!
charli Posts: 5994
:o0 :o0 :o0 Mayonnaise (Heinz etc) [b:1qhtw584]Yes[/b:1qhtw584] Salad cream (not homemade) [b:1qhtw584]Yes[/b:1qhtw584] Meringues - [b:1qhtw584]Yes, shur they are only egg white[/b:1qhtw584] When they say "deli meat” do they mean all ham you buy, like packets of ham etc? [b:1qhtw584]all regular meat ok but i think some like parma ham etc might be off limits, sont eat it so dont really know[/b:1qhtw584] Cream / home made ice cream - [b:1qhtw584]ok with cream, ice-cream ok though they say maybe keep away from the ice-cream van though i have had 1 or 2[/b:1qhtw584] Nuts (besides peanuts) - [b:1qhtw584]this is a bit controversal some say defo no no[/b:1qhtw584] Can I eat sauces that have cheese in them like “dolmio creamy tomato with ricotta cheese” or "lasagne sauce" that has eggs in the ingredients. [b:1qhtw584]Yes[/b:1qhtw584] Can I eat custard, (the stuff you make from the powder) [b:1qhtw584]Yes[/b:1qhtw584] How do you know if stuff is pasturised, what does it mean anyway? [b:1qhtw584]????[/b:1qhtw584] Also, my number one question is: Can I dye my hair with a semi permanent dye? [b:1qhtw584]i did on my first PG but this time around i have only had lites, no proven study says it harms the baby so most hairdresser think it is fine, lites are no prob as it is just dye-ing the dead hair, whereas semis come in contact with your root and could seep through[/b:1qhtw584]I can avoid the food but the hair is going to give me away, it's a disgrace! HTH a bit
Charli, thank you so much! You're always great with the info! You were one of the first people I was going to pm when I got the bfp. But I haven't as yet because I don't want to reveal my true identity mwahahaha.
molls Posts: 149
You shouldn't have homemade ice-cream if it has uncooked egg yolks (which most of them have). But, if you can't resist, bear in mind that you are told to avoid raw egg products as you are more susceptible to samonella in pregnancy. But, in the worst case scenario, if you did get it, it would make you VERY sick but wouldn't impact on the baby.
ooooooohhh, am i?? that makes me think i know you from old? as in pre-wedding day? cant wait for the reveal [quote:1143vsup]mwahahaha.[/quote:1143vsup] thats kinda sounding familiar to me???????????
No don't worry charli, you don't really know me in real life at all. I'm not hiding from you I'm hiding from my sister and sister in law who are on here and don't know I've a bun in the oven. I will reveal all in a few months, please God all will go well until then and I wont be eating wrong things :o0
yeah best of luck to you!! i know you meant knowing me as another WOLLY.....and not real life mind yourself!!!