Thick Tights and Peep Toe shoes

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

serenity Posts: 3675
Girls, To all the fashion experts out there... I have my 'work do' on Friday night... i bought a lovely dress in French Connection and want to wear the thick black tights with it... My boots (high and flat) just don't go with it and am wondering can you wear peep toe (heels) shoes with tights or does it look funny?!?!? I nearly always wear boots but they don't suit this particular dress... Any help?!?!? Expert advice needed?!?!? Ta x
ros09 Posts: 1923
i've wore tights with peep toe sandals and no-one batted an eyelid see what it looks like!
Yeah I tried it last night and was unsure... It's lovely bare legged but a) I have NO tan at this time of the year and b) it's fookin freezing..... I just cannot decided and didn't know if it was a no, no or not!! Thanks..
MrsMOnAMission Posts: 376
I'm sorry but I just wouldn't do it. Think it woudl look funny :-8
angel3 Posts: 1572
I also think that would look a bit funny!
mummyinlove10 Posts: 908
dont think I would either tbh - I know its in alot of the fashion mags but I'm one of those people who just wouldnt pull it off :o0
Yeah that's what I thought... It just, for some reason, didn't look right..... I guess I will have to buy different black shoes!!! Any suggestions as to what would go nice with a LBD, black thick tights ??? Ta for any suggestions!!
Mrs Summer Posts: 5040
Im very fussy with my clothes and any of my friends would tell you im a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to getting ready when I go out but I would and have done, you see loads of girls out in town like that and it looks absolutely fine thats of course the shoes are the same colour as the tights ie black!!!
[quote="Mrs Summer":24y3to2c]Im very fussy with my clothes and any of my friends would tell you im a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to getting ready when I go out but I would and have done, you see loads of girls out in town like that and it looks absolutely fine thats of course the shoes are the same colour as the tights ie black!!![/quote:24y3to2c] Yeah the shoes are gorgeous - ones from office - really high with a little kind of rose / flower on the top and peep toes - they are a suede kind of material.. Maybe the tights were a little different colour - it just looked weird!! hubby said you couldn't notice the shoes were peep toes coz the tights looked like the toes of the shoes!! MEN!!!! I am a bit of a perfectionist too and if it was summer I would go bare legged as it looks lovely, but jeez it's freezin and the auld legs are not too tanned!!!!
Junewife07 Posts: 276
yep as long as they are thick black tights and the shoes are only peep toe and not a sandal. I hate to see people wearing natral looking tight with sandals. its one of my pet peeve.