Things to do in Youghal/Dungarvan?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Alwaysbroke Posts: 1140
Girls we're heading away for a week and we're staying in Ardmore. We've stayed there before so we've been to some of the things around but just wondering what there is to do with kids. DD1 was a lot smaller so she tended to be happy no matter what we were doing but now she's almost 3 and we'll have a 4yr old as well as a 6 & 8 month old so I need some suggestions for things to do with the kids. Obviously the beach will feature heavily but it's very weather dependent. We've been to the Aura swimming pool before and will definitely go back there but is there things that I'm missing? Is there any good pet farms in the area? 6 days is a long time to try entertaining kids if the weather wasn't great!
Jawl Posts: 8881
Or Perks! There's a soft play area there.
Alwaysbroke Posts: 1140
Thanks Jawl! I knew I saw a sign for one last year but couldn't remember the name! That looks great! Definitely one day sorted! Will try out Perks too!
FlexyDee Posts: 4904
My H2B is from Dungarvan and we live in Waterford City. Would you be open to Waterford City? You are only about 40 mins from it. For Dungarvan/Waterford City: They are after opening a soft loft for kids in the Clonea Strand Hotel (It is halfway down the page) Also, between Dungarvan and Waterford City, there is the Suir Valley Railway. My H2B is a Primary Teacher and he took his class on it this year - they were 7-8 year olds but it is super for all ages. We tried it out and I must say that I loved it! :o0 - It is on the Dungarvan Road to Tramore. I think that this may be ideal! Run Amuck is also located in Tramore I can't think of anything else at the moment but if I do I will let you know! :wv :wv
vinoqueeno Posts: 3511
There are a good few things to do in the area, some of which have been mentioned already but here goes: *) Aura leisure centre (great for a wet day!) [Youghal] *) Perks - as Flexydee said it has a soft ball play area for kids and also Bowling & I think Lazer tag [Youghal] *) Lismore is about 30mins outside of Youghal & if ye get a dry day that's not suitable for the beach it'd be worth a trip here. There's a lovely walk up around the Towers (just outside the town) and if you bring a picnic there's a fantastic playground and park in the centre of the town. *) Midleton has a great indoor play centre - think it's called Jungle World *) The Cliff Walk in Ardmore is lovely for a morning stroll too, although it might be tricky if ye've a buggy with ye! *) The Greyhound Track in Youghal might be worth a visit if you're looking for something child-friendly to do at night. It's open Monday and Friday nights & afaik it's usually free in during the summer on Monday nights. Enjoy, Ardmore is a lovely village and Youghal is really pretty if you get nice weather!
mummytime Posts: 3149
Fota is not too far and is a lovely day out. Bring a picnic. The boys had a ball in Perks. Ardmore is lovely. Enjoy *)