To shave or not to shave..that is the question :-8

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MUMS THE WORD Posts: 733
Well ladies, just as the title suggests, just wondering whether or not our 'lady gardens' should be more 'tidy' than usual??? Seriously though, I know you're all prob laughing at me for even asking that but i was having terrible dreams about it all weekend... So what is the proper etiquette???????
Hokey Cokey Posts: 4816
I was going to ask about this too :o0 Lately I've just been getting an extended bikini wax but I'm wondering if I should go back to getting brazilians for the birth. I'm afraid though that I will be mid-waxes for the birth and that long stubble would look worse :o0 The beautician said to me last week that I should get the top of it waxed in case I need a caesarian.
Sphynx Posts: 6795
My consultant told me to leave well enough alone - that she would prefer to see everyone coming in "au naturelle"! Apparently it's healthier somehow! So I did nothing but then ended up getting a section so had to be shaved by the midwife with a plastic bloody razor! Aargh! To be honest I didn't really care at the time - the embarrassment is just retrospective.... Might be a good idea to get a little waxing but maybe not go for the plucked turkey look! :o0
alton Posts: 3077
It used to be something that was routinely done in hospitals, along with enemas....lovely. I think I would be more freaked out at the idea of someone shaving me than at any other aspect of labour (shudder) I know it's not done anymore but I suspect that's because we considerate modern mummies already have the job taken care of.
MUMS THE WORD Posts: 733
Oh thank goodness i'm not the only one then.... :o0 :o0 Was beginning to think i was a 'freak'... I honestly don't think i could do a brazilian though :eek :eek But might just go a bit 'tighter' around the top and sides!!!!!!!! Thanks for that...
sinion Posts: 6050
I've never gone professional, only DIY for me, but it's becoming impossible now as I can't see down there at all anymore! So either I get hubby to do it, try and do it with a mirror or go pay someone to do it. To be honest though, when you can't see it, it's easy to forget what kind of state it might be in :o0
[quote="Sinion":1pkh27io]I've never gone professional, only DIY for me, but it's becoming impossible now as I can't see down there at all anymore! So [b:1pkh27io]either I get hubby to do it[/b:1pkh27io], try and do it with a mirror or go pay someone to do it. To be honest though, when you can't see it, it's easy to forget what kind of state it might be in :o0[/quote:1pkh27io] Go to the beauticians!!! I wouldnt trust my hubby! :o0 For those of you who do it yourself, do you wax or shave or use Immac??
sinion Posts: 6050
well it's only him going to be seeing it for now so I don't care :o0 I alternate between shaving or removal cream, I just don't think I could go the wax route ever again (bad DIY experience!)
roxychick Posts: 1802
I used hair removel cream but to be honest on the day there will be so much else going on that this will be the last thing on ur mind. Trust me! :o0
[quote="roxychick":zj9nv95l]I used hair removel cream but to be honest on the day there will be so much else going on that this will be the last thing on ur mind. Trust me! :o0[/quote:zj9nv95l] Ah I know :o0 But to be honest I am worrying about stuff like this......I am not slim (not massively obese or anything) and I have horrible cellulite corned beef legs and the thought of having all that on display is actually quite upsetting :o(