We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

jamseyjo Posts: 1132
amberjack Posts: 1273
Firstly: congratulations and secondly: How long is a piece off string? Everyone is different and has different pregnancies, so it's impossible to tell. If you think you're so big now, are you sure it's not twins? Best of luck, it's an exciting journey
Dovetail Posts: 293
Frankly I'm curious as to why you think anyone here can tell you how big you're going to get and also why it's in issue for you. Surely having had a child already you understand your body will do what it needs to do for your baby and getting big is for most part of the course you follow. Personally I think the pregnant form is beautiful. If you're not ready to tell people then don't - I'd hope nobody would ask you without you volunteering the information.
mamajen Posts: 2263
I wouldn't worry, I doubt many people would be rude enough to ask you. You only have another week to wait before you can tell people. As for how big you'll get? Sure what does it matter? You're pregnant, just enjoy it!!
wowza Posts: 556
I don't understand why you would panic because you look pregnant when you are pregnant. I was in a cafe the other day and there were some girls fussing over DD. One of them told me that I had gotten my figure back very well after having DD, and I told her that this is actually my 13 week pregnant again figure. She said I was very neat! I was chuffed! Like some other posters said, it is different for everyone, but I can't wait to look properly pregnant and not just like I ate all the Easter Eggs!
blueboots Posts: 833
I don't think Jamseyjo was actually expecting people to tell her how big she was going to get. It's just one of those things you say, no?! Anyway, don't worry Jamseyjo I got big very quickly on my second pregnancy but it levelled off by the 5th month Best of luck!
mamajen Posts: 2263
[quote="blueboots":12tsre60]I don't think Jamseyjo was actually expecting people to tell her how big she was going to get. It's just one of those things you say, no?! Anyway, don't worry Jamseyjo I got big very quickly on my second pregnancy but it levelled off by the 5th month Best of luck![/quote:12tsre60] Unless I was looking for an answer I wouldn't start a thread asking a question.
ciaraella Posts: 5323
I'm the same, I looked pregnant from 8 weeks this time but sure what does it matter? I think the surprise and excitement of telling people is always a bigger deal on your first, sure if people guess this time imo it's no big deal, it doesn't mean you have to confirm it, and sure does anyone actually ask someone to their face if they're pregnant? I know I wouldn't!
fluffybaby Posts: 174
Jamesyjo - I'd say you just "feel" huge and aren't actually as big as you think! Are you normally quite a thin person? As another poster said hopefully nobody will be rude enough to comment until you are ready to tell. I personally can't wait to be "pregnant" looking again :-8 I was HUGE on DS (he was 9lb 6oz) and I used to hope I wouldn't get as big on my second but having suffered a MC before this pregnancy I couldn't care if I'm even bigger this time!!
babyforus Posts: 1619
God forbid there are any light hearted threads. Jamesy was just using one of those phrases that women often do. Happy to hear it is all going well Jamesy.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8