Twins....any signs before the scan

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mags s Posts: 591
I know a lot of people think this but i just have it in my head that i am having twins...... Now...just wondering if any mammies of twins out there had some indication before the scan that there was more then one baba inside.
Anonymous Posts: 24542
Hi there, No indication really except I was very very nauseous. Could keep everything down though. I just thought that was 'normal' and then found out at 10wk private scan- was thrilled *) Why do you think yourself?
lily79 Posts: 153
Hi Micheller I hope you dont mind me asking but was did you have any bit of a bump at the 10 weeks or were you totally flat? Congratulations on the twins by the way :thnk
mags s Posts: 591
dont know why i have it in my mind but i could always just see it....sure i will know on the 21st feb..scan then. congrats on the 2 babas...did it take a lot of getting used to?
cynman Posts: 26
Hi, Im 11 weeks pregnant with twins, had to have scan at 8 weeks, thats when I found out!! The twins are my first so I cant compare to other pregnancies but I had morning sickness for about 12 hrs everyday never got sick and I felt week with morning sickness and had a low grade headache, at week 10 I was showing even have stretch marks to prove it!! :-8
Hi Ladies, A lot of getting used to? No, we were too thrilled and excited straight away, then it sunk in and we starting worrying, and about a day later we were back to excited and been there since! I had no bump at all at 10wks, I just felt a bit bigger. Put on Maternity pants at about 14wks cos my own were too tight- but again no real bump at all, just expansion all over. Then in the last week or so have developed a little bump. So it's been strange- they've been hiding so long I was starting to wonder, and it's not as if they're small either they're the same as singleton pregnancy each!!!! :o0
lily79 Posts: 153
Did you all have a history of twins in the family?
cynman Posts: 26
I have a history of twins in my family, my fathers side my first cousins are twins, on my mothers side my second cousins there are three sets of twins
No history of twins at all for me, but as they're identical I guess that'd be right as I've read that Identicals are random and not hereditary...
happycamper Posts: 186
My mam had twin sisters and my dad ahd twins on his side too but they didn;t survive. So far none of my aunts or uncles have produced twins and any cousing that have had kids haven't had twins either. So i'm waiting with baited breath to see the scan. God it would be some shock to find out your having twins..... It'd be mad altogether :eek :o0 :eek :o0 :eek