unblocking shower tray

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

aylala Posts: 3673
Girl's my shower tray is blocked again and I snaked it with a rod last week but its still not properly draining is there any industrial drain unblocker I can buy
yumyumcake Posts: 293
Woodies sell a really serious one, dangerous stuff! Can't remember the name but found it in the section where they sell the little bags of cement and sand. Literally wear gloves, glasses etc, it will eat away the silver surround of the drain hole if you are not really careful and spill it on it. If that sounds ott then the Mr. Muscle drain cleaner is good too.
Is it caustic soda?? I think il try mr muscle first as im afraid id injure myself with the other one Thanks
morningsun Posts: 784
Mr Muscle is brilliant. It's expensive and you might use most of a bottle to get it unplugged but use a little of it regularly as a preventative measure in future.
LadyLizzie Posts: 1724
I find Domestos bleach really effective, it works even better for me than the Woodies industrial unblocker.
Il try the mr muscle first Thanks guys Would bleach work its mostly manky hair clogs :( t h e shower snake worked well before but not this timefor some reason
LadyLizzie Posts: 1724
Try the bleach & see how it goes, it's mostly hair clogs in our house too, not sure if the bleach disintegrates it or what but it works...a few glugs down the drain, leave for an hour or so then run water down it.
Doozer28 Posts: 881
Mr. Muscle is a good one. I normally throw a bit of bleach down it every now & again to keep it clear, seems to work for me.
Time For A Change Posts: 6885
Yumyumcake, I think that's the stuff we had to use - flippin' brilliant. The shower tray was taking ages to clear before, so it must've been really blocked with hair and soap residue (yuck). I'll ring hubby and see if he can remember the name of it, and where he got it. It's very powerful stuff, you can't use it too often, and yes it can take off that silver surround. The room has to be well ventilated, and wear gloves, you can actually hear the stuff fizzing while it annihilates all the gunk.
adelz Posts: 3088
There is a power plunger you can get, one of our friends is a plumber and uses this. Anyway what you do is pump air into it(I think dh uses it) or put it onto your drain and pump it.....The amount of stuff it brings up is awful! I was amazed by it, since then our drains are brilliant....no need for awful harmful chemicals or smells then, apart from the drain residue itself :o0