unusual discharge - any ideas?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

babe06 Posts: 898
For the last two evenings I've noticed an unusual discharge on my pants. It thick and creamy buts the colour thats worrying me - its a dark yellow (, almost brown but not quite. Its like its dried that colour because its just cream and tinted yellow when I wipe myself. Sorry for all the info but never had this before and am concerned. I do think I have thrush as I was on antibioticc last week (have the usual itchyness) but its never looked like this. Is this normal for pregnancy? The doctor gave me a passary which I used Friday nigth so I'm worried it might have done some damage. Any advice or opions would be appreciated. Thanks
Sphynx Posts: 6795
This is probably a stupid question but is it any chance that this is the pessary coming out? I only ask because I found a pessary for thrush I used before v. messy and it used to come out in my pants all the time, sometimes a day or so later :-8 If not, I would phone your doctor first thing and explain (embarrassing I know) just in case it is an infection. No point in taking any chances. God the things we go through!!!
Thanks blackcat. I don't think its the pessary because they came out white. I suppose I should ring my doctor but I feel like I'm running to them for every little thing these days. Just feel abit stupid. I did use natural yogurt aswell but again it the colour thats different. Ypu don't think it could be the start of bleeding do you? Its only been there yesterday evening and tonight and don't have anything like that during the say or when I wipe, but its is dark.
It doesn't sound like any of the bleeding I had. But I think you should check with the docs first thing tomorrow as it might be an infection that needs to be treated - don't feel stupid for bugging them. We pay them enough money and that's their job! No point in worrying yourself unnecessarily imagining all the things it could be. Take care and try not to worry too much tonight :xxx
Thanks yeah I'll do that
If it does got bloody at all or if you're just not sure whether it could be bloody, contact your consultant or the early pregnancy unit at the hospital rather than your GP - they'll be able to advise you. Keep an eye on it.
Hiya - how are you this morning? Did you phone the doctor?
nic06 Posts: 454
Hi Babe06, Also wondering how you are getting on. So you feel any better has your mind been put at rest ?
Hi Girls No I didn't ring the doctor cause I'm going to give it a few days as the itch had really eased. I used natural yogurt the night before last so just going to give it a chance to work. Any swelling or irritation I had is gone. I really do think its thrush. I did a bit of surfing last night and everything indicate to that. If its not gone by Friday I'll give hime a ring. The dicharge definitely isn't there during the day and ther's certainly no blood in it. It just like asmll bit of discharge has dried on my pants wich a yellow hugh. I had a scan only last Friday and baby was thriving and i'm still sick all day and boobs are still killing me so decided I'm not going to stress myself out!
Ducky Posts: 2506
Sounds like thrush alright and believe me, you'll get all sorts and shades of discharge over the coming months. Fresh blood is the big worry, otherwise, it's probably hormonal or brought on by the pessary. Glad to hear you feel better