Menu

URGENT HELP NEEDED I NEED A NEW DRESS

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

dresshelp Posts: 6
Putting this here too as I am in a panic. Going anon here. I get married in 8 weeks and discovered at the weekend that my wedding dress has been badly water damaged by a pipe leak at home. I am freaking out. Where can I go or what can I do? I am size 10 and 5ft 9. Thankful for any advice.
Daff Posts: 11644
I got my dress 3 weeks before wedding as really didn't like the other one I bought (got first one in a bridal sale the previous year). I'm 5ft 8 and was a 10/12 then (two years later and two kids later I dream of being a size 12 again :weep ) anyway... I ended up getting it in Monsoon. I LOVED it. Got so many compliments on it, I still do when people see photo's. It had chiffon around the shoulder iwth a slight caull (sp) neck and small gold and pearl detail that went lovely with the sheen on the ivory silk of the dress. I wore pearl earrings and necklace then with it. I was in Monsoon in Kildare outlets a few weeks ago and they had a few rails of wedding dresses but I got mine in Dundrum.
marriedLife Posts: 1881
How about renting one from here http://covet.ie/the-collection/the-bride/ - was in the shop before and seen one of the bridal dresses and it was gorgeous!!!
katiemomma Posts: 2690
Do you have insurance? would insurance cover the price of the dress? 8 weeks is plenty of time to buy a sample dress or maybe even order in a dress depending on the bridal shop.I would book as many local bridal places as you can and try on as many similar dresses as you can and ask them how long it wl take for dress to come. If you buy a sample you will have plenty of time to altar dress. debenhams in dublin stock wedding dresses too.
paperclips Posts: 3146
Have you a particular style in mind, where are you located?
luckyladee Posts: 2550
Have you had a look at the Buy and Sell section here. Lots of wollies are selling their dresses and maybe someone will have one that's perfect for you. Hope you find something....
MiniMeonBoard Posts: 6208
dont panic - 8 weeks is plenty of time. If you buy of the rail you will have time to get alterations done. Plus as other wollies suggested Monsoon and Debnahams
mkb Posts: 1744
try littlewoods, ebay even. Prewoned sites. i woul call bridal shops and ask them do have any sample stock on sale it will save the hassle of runing around shops and getting no where. There is a bridal shop on Aungiers Street in dublin and i know they always have sample stock on sale. Like wise Aspirations Bridal shop in Dublin too. hth and the best of luck. :action32
Darlingwear Posts: 4
HI, Our Sale started at the weekend and there are some lovely size 12 dresses in the sale - 50-70% off (easily altered) - if you take a look at website you will see some of them. please call if you would like to pop down, thanks miriam at Darlingwear (www.darlingwear.ie)