Valentines day

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lemonlollies Posts: 38
Is there anyone else out there who hasn't had the "romantic" valentines day?? We're getting married this Summer and we've NEVER had a romantic Valentines day. I'd like to say it doesn't get to me bit obviously it does! I wait in hope every year but it never happens
lauraw Posts: 113
6 years I've been with my H2B and for Valentine's Day, birthdays, Christmases I always say to him think small, what are the small and simple things I like. And like you the past years valentines days Ive thought maybe this year he will "get it" and although I appreciate the fancy meal, the flowers and the perfume it's not really me! I stopped expecting him to get it and what my idea of romantic was, even though I had told him! Today, it was like he just got it! I got breakfast in bed, my favourite sweets (which are from the pound shop and basically full of sugar - but I love them), heart shaped cookies which he decorated himself and he ordered takeaway and we watched a film with our two doggies - for me it was perfect! I do think it's a lightbulb moment with men and today was defiantly the most romantic valentines day I've had! :xox
rosiemama Posts: 3363
My hubby made dinner tonight, not cos it's Valentine's day but cos he does every Sat night. I gave him a card but got nothing from him. I have been with him 11 years and have never really got anything.He just doesn't do Valentine's day. But I realised a long time ago that it doesnt matter. It's the little things he does every week that count. He can be romantic when he wants to be. Like he'll randomly surprise me with something because he saw it and knew I would like it. That to me means more than getting flowers or chocolates because he feels like he has to.
pinkerbelle10 Posts: 705
We don't do valentines day. I've never been a fan and neither has dh. But he is the kindest, sweetest most amazing husband 365 days of the year and that means the world to me :-)
bee0606 Posts: 691
[quote="lemonlollies":2a6nx1y5]Is there anyone else out there who hasn't had the "romantic" valentines day?? We're getting married this Summer and we've NEVER had a romantic Valentines day. I'd like to say it doesn't get to me bit obviously it does! I wait in hope every year but it never happens[/quote:2a6nx1y5] Why are you just waiting for him to suddenly change? If you want something different talk to him about it. You're getting married, you should be able to be honest about things.