Vommiting Bug

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mummytime Posts: 3149
Dh had this over the weekend and now I have it. I thought it was just the morning sickness getting bad again but I have not stopped vommitting /retching since 6pm yesterday, every hour/2 hours. i can't even keep down water and i'm starting to worry about the baby. i'm the sure the bug will pass but will the baby be ok even i can't keep any fluids down for 24 hours?
sept09baby Posts: 1094
Had this early on (about 9 weeks) and it was really really awful. Get some dioralyte sachets and keep sipping at them. I know it's easier said than done if you're bringing everything up but small sips all day should help. You need to keep your fluids up
pattie Posts: 2379
Hi Miss C*, DD and I are just over this. DD vomited alot but I amazingly didn't throw up at all but still got dehydrated as I couldn't really eat or drink anything much for 4 days. I would contact your GP to be on the safe side, they might want you to get IV fluids if you're seriously dehydrated. Try not to worry many women have been hospitalised for dehydration due to MS and their babies are fine, it's the mums that have all the suffering.