Menu

WEDDING CAKES CORK

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

dibbles Posts: 749
hi, if any one can help me id be greatful.. how much on average would it be for a cake if i made fruit and biscuit cake m yself and got sponge made, all iced!! thanks
babydust2012 Posts: 4736
not sure dibbles but im dead impressed at you making your own xxx
karina's cakes Posts: 9
Hi there, We do provide and icing service but price depends on size of cakes and design and detail.. normally what we do is you would pick out the cake design you want and then we would tell you what size cakes and height of cakes that you need to bake. then a percentage is taken off the price of cake. normally you would only save yourself about 20 to 25% off the cake as the work is in the icing and work involved in putting the whole cake together to get your finished result. karina
Corkie1 Posts: 340
Hey Dibbles, if its any help, Hassetts in Carrigaline do a great deal!! Getting 3 tier (Chocolate and rasberry, carrot cake, madeira cake) for €250! 2 tier is €180. Let me know if you need details! :o)ll
MrsW2010 Posts: 348
HI 2009July, Can I ask is that price for the whole cake and iced? I didn't realise that Hassetts did Wedding cakes!
Corkie1 Posts: 340
Hey, yeah! They have just started. Nothing fancy but good proper cake!! I cant wait!! €250 was for the whole lot! :o)ll
cem2 Posts: 111
Hi, Anyone else get a cake from Hassetts? What was it like regarding presentation/ taste!? Would be looking for something plain enough, with some iced roses cascading down it type of thing... not sure if thats plain actually :)
2BMrs Posts: 376
[quote="karina's cakes":3afw0n6g]Hi there, We do provide and icing service but price depends on size of cakes and design and detail.. normally what we do is you would pick out the cake design you want and then we would tell you what size cakes and height of cakes that you need to bake. then a percentage is taken off the price of cake. normally you would only save yourself about 20 to 25% off the cake as the work is in the icing and work involved in putting the whole cake together to get your finished result. karina[/quote:3afw0n6g] Karina's cakes are fab - saw them at a wedding fair, unfortunatly not available my date :o(