Wedding dress

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Time For A Change Posts: 6885
Just had a thought, have you worn your wedding dress after your wedding day? Mine is hanging up in the wardrobe and I'd love to put it on again. Hubby would love to see me in it too, but I think I'd be upset if I didn't fit into it anymore - and I'm too chicken to find out! :o0 Apologies if this is all messed up - first time putting up a poll, I'm not a Poll Pro like Misty21! :-8
ott Posts: 3920
My dress isn't a "wedding dress" and it's navy so hopefully I'll get lots of opportunities to wear it again!
Mrs Summer Posts: 5040
Mine was in my parents up until about 3 months ago (married 5 years this april :-8 :-8 ) so anyway my mam finally made me take it home and as a joke I put it on and came down the stairs to DH and asked him would he marry me again, I wont tell yous what him reply was :o0 :o0 as for the "fitting" part im about a stone or so lighter than I was getting married, DH much prefers me with a little "weight" on
LuckyYear2013 Posts: 3972
When I got my dress dry cleaned, I got them to put it into one of those air tight boxes to preserve it, so won't be taking it out to try it on any time soon
pigeonwife Posts: 3789
Mine is still in a bag waiting to be cleaned (married last April :-8 :-8 :-8 ). Haven't tried it on since for obvious reasons (see ticker). Plan on getting it cleaned and perserved. I'm hoping a daughter or other female relative (niece or grand daughter perhaps) would wear it one day. It really is timeless (wouldn't you agree?) [img:e7ygop33]http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs050.snc1/4460_1016109461167_1778036108_28512_5250117_n.jpg[/img:e7ygop33]
trice0208 Posts: 600
i've left mine in to be cleaned and put in preservation box, i was sooo sad doing it it was weird. Havent tried on dress but have put on the veil a couple of times i love love the veil. the dress is a corset so couldnt get in on my own and hubbie doing it up would be weird - so i guess never again :weep
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
Your dress is beautiful. I tried mine on once for the craic before I brought it to get cleaned (was probably about 3 weeks after the wedding). It now lives in a box wrapped in tons of that tissue paper stuff on top of the wardrobe. Have no idea what I will ever do with it. Also tried on my mates before I brought it to get cleaned while she was on honeymoon, with her permission of course!
LuckyYear2013 Posts: 3972
pigeonwife, it's beautiful! :lvs :lvs
PinkRibbons Posts: 1446
not married yet, but I would hope to throw it on randomly some time after it, be it for a trash the dress shoot, or a random "wear your wedding dress party" or something... the only thing is, I'm planning on losing weight for wedding day, and the likelihood of every fitting into it again are slim (pardon the pun!!) I think people attach a bit too much sentimentality, and personally wouldn't agree myself with the "maybe my daughter would one day wear it"...honestly.. how many people called their mothers/aunts to see if they had a wedding dress they would wear?? how would you feel if your mother/aunt, upon hearing of your engagement, would feel a little under pressure if they announced "sure I have a beautiful dress you could wear?" Having said that, Pigeonwife, your dress is lovely.. personally wouldn't be my style, but it is a beautiful dress :wv not sure myself, I think hollywood and "Bride Wars" has a lot to answer! I know when I got engaged, I couldn't WAIT to go shopping for a dress, for MY dress.. and the days of making a christening gown out of it too.... long gone methinks but that's just me, the cynic! :wv
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
I'm trying to sell mine at the moment :o( Really really sad to have to let it go though. I'd like to put it on one more time before I have to part with it. I was hoping to keep it and get a Christening gown made out of it. Not even pregnant and already thinking of these things :-8