Wedding Photos - How Long to Wait?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs Spud Posts: 418
Hi All, I got married at the end of September and chose the disc only option with our photographer (with a view of getting an album from him at a later date) The day after the wedding, the photographer had put a selection of pictures on his website for us to view and told us he would have the disc when we returned from honeymoon. We told him there was no rush with them but he assured us we would have them by then. We have now been back over a month and I emailed him just to let him know we were back and to find out roughly when we would have the pictures. I didn't receive a reply so I tried to ring him and left a voicemail (in which I said that we were just looking for an update and when we might receive the disc) and still no reply. When we booked him, we paid just under half the agreed price as a deposit and we paid the balance in full on the day of the wedding. We're not trying to put pressure on him, I mean we are happy to wait for the disc but the lack of contact is worrying. Short of going to his house and demanding the disc, I'm at a loss as to what we should do. Could anyone give any advice on how long they were waiting for their disc of photos or what I can do? Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance :thnk
Mari yay Posts: 4045
We got married at the start of November, went on HM, came home Nov 27th and both photo's and DVD were ready. I can't understand why some of the photographers/videographers take months to get them finished.
ianstuart Posts: 1947
We waited around 6 months for our album and nearly 1 year for the dvd. It took so long but i should have probably put a bit more pressure on them.
sylvie guillem Posts: 51
We got our disc after 3 weeks. Had a disc only package and will go back for an album next year (when we actually pick the photos we want - very hard!). She said it would be three weeks and it was, to the day.
bluepolkadots Posts: 1237
Did you agree when booking how long it would be after the wedding? Do you have a contract/agreement etc? Our disc is due within 4 weeks of the wedding - it's what we agreed when booking.
wellholygod11 Posts: 152
[quote="Mrs Spud":1gq53757]Hi All, I got married at the end of September and chose the disc only option with our photographer (with a view of getting an album from him at a later date) The day after the wedding, the photographer had put a selection of pictures on his website for us to view and told us he would have the disc when we returned from honeymoon. We told him there was no rush with them but he assured us we would have them by then. We have now been back over a month and I emailed him just to let him know we were back and to find out roughly when we would have the pictures. I didn't receive a reply so I tried to ring him and left a voicemail (in which I said that we were just looking for an update and when we might receive the disc) and still no reply. When we booked him, we paid just under half the agreed price as a deposit and we paid the balance in full on the day of the wedding. We're not trying to put pressure on him, I mean we are happy to wait for the disc but the lack of contact is worrying. Short of going to his house and demanding the disc, I'm at a loss as to what we should do. Could anyone give any advice on how long they were waiting for their disc of photos or what I can do? Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance :thnk[/quote:1gq53757] I'm in a very similar situation to yourself, I wonder if our photographers are the same person?
buddylove Posts: 3288
Still waiting to see any of our photos. Want to send an email about it but dont want to seem pushy either!
Mrs Spud Posts: 418
@ Bearbride2be, its not on the contract but when we met him before the wedding he assured us we would have the disc on our return from honeymoon and we told him there was no rush but he insisted on the day that we would have them. @ Jasper11, How long since you got married? Thanks ladies :thnk
buddylove Posts: 3288
Sept 24th
wellholygod11 Posts: 152
[quote="jasper11":163wwqmi]Still waiting to see any of our photos. Want to send an email about it but dont want to seem pushy either![/quote:163wwqmi] I felt the same but it's surely been long enough now! I'm mad busy in work this week but next week I'm going after them with gusto. I would like to get them before christmas!