What are ye buying now?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

adelz Posts: 3088
HI all, ok so was having this discussion with dh last night and he thinks Im mad! I was saying we should start to buy nappies now when on special as they are so expensive etc etc. He was laughing at me! Im due 27th March so was just going to start to stock up on a few things? Also what else is everybody buying or stocking up on bit by bit?
AmandaMc Posts: 1813
I'm a bit behind you and bought my first pack of nappies this week with the weekly shop!! Just going to throw a pack in every 2 or so weeks so we have a decent stock built up. Buying different sizes of course. PS- aldi nappies are getting rave reviews and they are so cheap! In the new year I'll be buying some burt bee baby and moo goo baby products too- they're not cheap but chemical free - trying to spread the cost of everything. Have my anomaly scan next week so plan on starting to buy other stuff then esp with the xmas sales approaching- will be putting deposits on nursery furniture etc.
adelz Posts: 3088
Thanks so much for that, yeah I have heard alot about the aldi nappies and looked in my local one and they do the new born ones, so I might pick up two packs of those, dh will go mad :o0 From new born do you go straight into size two then or do you go into size one??? Clueless or what? :-8 We have travel system nearly paid for and I got advent bottles and steriliser already in sales v good value, so Im sure if you keep eye out you'll get good value too, I think mothercare have that steriliser for30e at the min great value.
Yeap- how long you get out of the newborn all depends on the size of the baby before you move him/her onto size 2. If you have a look at this adli link you'll see it also mentions weight of the baby under the number: I'd imagine not to buy TOO much of each size esp the newborn and size 2. Thanks must have a look in mothercare at the weekend!
justwed09 Posts: 2349
just be careful buying too many nappies yet girls, your baby might not agree with the nappies and get a rash from them so you will have to try a different brand, this happend my nephew, they had stocked up on aldi nappies and hes allergic to them so had to give them away. dunnes etc are a pain to take back nappies, my other brother had this problem. the only thing ive bought is a double buggy yesterday as there was 20% off! saved 150 euro which will buy me a lot of nappies! i dont need anything other than vests, bottles for when i finish BF and the buggy anyway.
ohsotired Posts: 7071
On nappies, if you've joined Tesco's baby club you will get vouchers for money off newborn pampers, huggies & tesco own brand - I'm going to get one of each with the coupons so I a) save money and b) have a selection of brands :o0
Good point justwed will prob just buy a few in each size. 2nd time mums are pretty sorted in comparison- I have a list as long as my arm with everything from a breast pump, babygrow's, tens machine to nursery furniture. Can't wait to start buying the fun stuff!
justwed09 Posts: 2349
[quote="AmandaMc":2nn5s1rn]Good point justwed will prob just buy a few in each size. 2nd time mums are pretty sorted in comparison- I have a list as long as my arm with everything from a breast pump, babygrow's, tens machine to nursery furniture. Can't wait to start buying the fun stuff![/quote:2nn5s1rn] ya but if i have a girl i have to buy all the clothes ha ha! have a ds already. i remember the stage of going around in jan sales buying the pump. sterilisers etc. great craic!
28-sept-10 Posts: 1832
im also due in march and ive about 12-14 packs of nappies in (they are 2 packs for 7.49) in superdrug, i also have 12 packs of wipes vests, sleepsuits baby wash, nappy cream mittens, cardigans and a few other bits i found i flew through the nappies etc last time round so plan on being well stocked up, most things ive bought were on sale
Anne Cordelia Shirley Posts: 4731
I haven't bought a thing! Not due till May 31 though. We're planning on hitting the sales for the big items we need, plus my lovely SIL is passing on a Bugaboo, moses basket and other bits, which is a great help. Haven't even thought about stocking up yet, we're not even thinking about it till after Christmas, plus I'm just too tired to even go around the shops and compare prices. :zzzz: