What did your parents pay for......

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Shannoncailin Posts: 1038
I was just wondering what happens nowadays with paying for weddings. I'm assuming we will be paying for all of ours as I haven't heard anything to the contrary from my parents yet........
barbiebride Posts: 171
Mine payed for the reception and my dress, really didn't expect it. Were paying for everything else ourselves... *)
Lucy2007 Posts: 427
We are paying for everything outselves - i wouldnt expect my parents to pay for anything - all i want is for them to enjoy themselves O-O O-O O-O
wannababba Posts: 1161
same here mine paid for the reception and my wedding dress
Capetown Posts: 976
My folks paid for dresses, veil, shoes, weddding cake. His folks aren't paying for anything. We're paying for everything else ourselves.
prianon Posts: 75
Mine paid for my dress and bridesmaid dress and car hire,and half of the reception as in all of the guests on my side.Plus paid for the party the next day food and drink etc
Ca cest moi Posts: 7855
My parents are paying for everything except the rings and honeymoon. Reception, my dress, bm dresses, suits, cake, cars the lot. I am very lucky I have to say and really appreciate it so much.
playabella Posts: 543
[quote="lucky bride":2662alrl]My parents are paying for everything except the rings and honeymoon. Reception, my dress, bm dresses, suits, cake, cars the lot. I am very lucky I have to say and really appreciate it so much.[/quote:2662alrl] Indeed you are a lucky bride. We are paying for it all ourselves and I am getting very stressed about the whole thing. H2B is as cool as a cucumber - nothing phases him - I could strangle him sometimes!!! O:|
Spanish Bride 2b Posts: 778
Godmother bought my dress & veil etc. She also wants to get the Bm dresses but I'm gonna try and talk her out of it as my dress is more then enough. By the look of it we're paying for everything else. If my dad's gonna help out with the reception he's yet to mention it.
ghostchild2 Posts: 6237
My parents are paying for the band and the DJ and his parents are giving us E2000 towards the wedding. We're paying for everything else ourselves but my sister did pay for my bridesmaids dresses as our wedding present.