What size baby gros for new baby??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

vanilla icecream Posts: 2125
Hi, Just wondering what size baby gros for a new baby do I need to get. I was looking in the shops today and I was unsure if I should get 0-3 months or there was some for 7lbs? Would you all get 0-3 months and will they be too big for newborn?
milis Posts: 7998
I have bought 6 newborn babygrows, and 9 0-3 months ones. I figure, if all 6 are dirty at once, the baby is not going to object to being put in a bigger size for a while :o0 Really, I just wanted the newborn ones for the hospital! I can't imagine baby will be in newborn for long, they only go up to 10lb, and baby may even come out bigger than that :eek
twinkle2 Posts: 188
Buy a few newborn and a few 0-3 months. i bought far too many newborn and dd was near 10lb so didnt even fit in them. She went straight into 0-3mth. However not everyone has a big bruiser on their first.
fxfor3 Posts: 2347
Maybe buy a pack of 3 newborn and 3 0-3 for the hospital then you can send someone out to get more once you know what size. I had a bruiser on my first 9lbs 1 and expecting this one to be the same so went straight for 0-3.
Lady Mama Posts: 162
My LO was 10lb & I had some newborn & 0-3 months. The midwives tried dressing him in the newborn stuff but they wouldn't fit at all, had about 6 0-3 babygro's but my dh had to go buy some more the day he was born because between spitting up milk & mucus & dirty nappies I went through them like there was no tomorrow. Next time tbh I'd just buy 0-3 months stuff.
gemini chica Posts: 2581
I have bought both but only because with having twins I will be lucky/delighted if they are 6lb, but I have the same dilemma with getting some premmie stuff so I will just get a pack of them incase! Its hard to know though isn't it cos you don't want to buy too little or too much!!
oddwire Posts: 842
I had only 0-3 in babygrows - it really doesn't matter if they're a bit too big and they grow out of them so fast (my DS was 7lb13 when born). He's currently in 3-6month ones, because his legs are quite long (0-3 vests, tops etc are still fine). I'd advise having some 3-6 month ones bought so that they're to hand when you need them. I happened to have a couple of packs that I bought by accident, and have been meaning to go out and buy more for the past week or so but have never gotten to it.
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
Its a tricky one all right. I had 0 to 3 months and both my boys were swimming in them. Check the weights on them. I find Dunnes to be the smallest, their newborn is 7 and a half pound, where as Tesco new born is up to 10 pound. Best to have a few of each just incase!
jmeath Posts: 5740
I got 2 Winnie Teh Pooh newborn (up to 11lb) for the hospital, also going to get a couple of white ones in this size... then the 0-3 can be pink/blue once babs comes...
hipbaby Posts: 4530
I had 3 newborn size and the rest were all 0-3 they were big on them for about 2 weeks and then fit fine so I woudl buy the majority in 0-3.