what week did morning sickness start

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mumodone Posts: 396
Hi Everyone, I am just 5 weeks today and was wondering when morning sickness ususally starts as the only sypmtoms I have at the moment are slightly sore boobs and tiredness in the evenings, I had a miscarriage last year at 17 weeks and am abit worriedas I had very little morning sickness then so am hoping I get more this time round.
SandyClaws Posts: 3108
It started at 4 and half weeks for me, didn't stop til week 12 or 13 and it was awful.... Not everyone gets it though, all I could say if you're worried is to try get an early scan done, they can usually pick up heartbeat from 8 weeks, even though I was so sick it was a relief to see the heartbeat and baby there, so sorry for your previous m/c xxx
mumodone Posts: 396
Thanks princess, I am having one at 7 weeks but am longing for the sickness to prove everything it going good in the mean time.
Ladybirds Posts: 445
Hi ttcwithpatience, Congrats on your BFP :o)ll I had morning sickness from week six and still suffer :( It was much worse at the beginning, tiredness, headaches and vomiting, not fun. At almost 30 weeks I have a queasy stage when I first get up, vomit and then I'm usually fine. The best thing I found was to eat as much as you can, plenty of water and plenty of rest. Strange as it sounds, it was reassuring to know that there was something going on to cause the sickness so I can imagine where you're coming from.
Delphinium Posts: 3027
Just from reading here everyone seems to be different on this score and I'm not sure that MS or no MS necessarily means that anything is wrong or right. Although I have to say that I worry on days when I have no symptoms! For me it actually started in week 4 only I hadn't a clue that it was MS! I thought it was the new pre-conception supplement I started taking that week...... in hindsight I realise it was MS causing the nausea. I'm only getting it on and off now and it's just a bit of a pukey feeling that passes again. Thankfully I've not actually been sick (yet!). Some here say it didn't really start for them until week 7. I'm hitting that now so hopefully I will escape the gawks......... :hic
MrsPatience Posts: 1147
Congrats firstly!! :o)ll Mine started at start of the 7th week and left about 14weeks...started feeling quesy then after that was unfortunately getting :hic didnt have a timeline at all could be any time morning noon or night....weekends were worse as i think more you rest worse it gets...try the travel bands if it gets bad! p.s love your name ;o)
funkyfish Posts: 7626
about 6 1/2 weeks.. day 5 of hangover like symptoms.... :hic :hic :hic i think they eased about week 14 on DS.
CrappityCrap Posts: 1468
Mine started at around 7 weeks and lasted until around 16 weeks. Seemed like forever at the time!!! On dd I had it from week 7ish until 13 weeks and it was a lot worse!
SparkleX Posts: 1057
Probably about 6 weeks. Into week 17 and it hasn't gone yet (though thankfully not as frequent) Try not to stress too much though, everyone is different. Some women don't get any morning sickness at all.
mysteriousmise Posts: 1783
Started at week 5, and I still have it. It's not *as* bad - I have it maybe 5 days a week instead of 7, but I'm kinda over puking, so I am....