What would you do???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MRSHAPPY07 Posts: 464
If you had a whole day to spend in Dublin???? I am heading to Dublin during the week and dont' have to meet someone until 6.00pm but will be in Dublin around 11.00 I know the obvious thing is to go Shopping but anything else would be greatly appreciated, i was thinking a nice relaxing lunch somewhere? Just wanted to do something different besides shopping & walking everywhere & just be knackered at the end of it... :wv
strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
how about stephens green? dont go near powerscourt :o0
Shin Posts: 8515
"dublin can be heeeeaven, with shopping at eleeeven and a stroooll down stephen's greeeeeeeen", grafton street's a wonderland, there's magic in the air" Nah, i've no suggestions really other than the usual lunch, shopping etc but you want something other than that so i'm not sure. Do you want to kill time for the 7 hours or would you really like to do something worthwhile??
bumble Posts: 1980
Go to one of the art galleries for a wander. Or treat yourself to a girlie afternoon and have some beauty treatments then take yourself off for a cocktail afterwards!
Loopy Loo Posts: 1774
My only tip would be avoid driving ANYWHERE. My recent experiences of being at home in Dublin is that no matter what day of the week or what time of the day or where you want to you will get stuck in traffic!!!
fantac Posts: 4109
ditto on a beauty treatment - then buy a paper or magazine and find a comfy decent cafe and enjoy an hour of peace and quiet!
TokenMale Posts: 6845
Visit to the Long Room in Trinity in the morning, lunch in Thornton's/Guilbaud's, massage in the afternoon.
willful Posts: 6822
The Chester Beatty musuem-Dublin's hidden treasure IMO!!!
Little Angel Posts: 913
Go to Buff day spa on stephens green and get a treatment like a massage or something and they have a lovely relaxation area too where you can read magazines and relax.
newkid30 Posts: 2233
Catch a lunchtime concert in the Concert Hall. Then treat yourself to a nice lunch, I like the cafe in the national gallery, you could have a stroll around there too. Maybe get your hair blowdried afterwards, and a manicure so that you feel fabulous! edited for sp mistakes.