when did u get signed off work

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

only deadly Posts: 491
Hi ladies need advice Im so down :o( :o( . Basically Im been moved to new dept untill mat leave kicks in which I am so dreading .. at mo I travel 3 hours a day on bus which is not nice get home late do sons homework ect and thats only starting work at 11 now in this new place I have to be in at 9 more traffic . I was bullied by a girl and she left but her mate in this new place . My back in ab bits have a pillow not working spent the whole day crying have apt with doc on fri have been told he prob sign me off but do you think its 2 early ? What would you do Im so sorry for been a moan I know I very lucky to have a job I just cant handle this crap right now
Yoda Posts: 3340
Do you have a HR department where you can ask for help ? Is there any way you can go part time ? Not sure about signing off early, I am off sick with a gastro bug at the moment and getting pressure from work to go back to work early but am sticking to my guns about taking the time to get better, the health of the baby and myself is more important You need to talk this out with work if you feel you are going to be put under pressure by this girl's friend Not sure what you can do about the travel as you are going to get very tired and three hours a day travel would impact on that Hope you get sorted
Hokey Cokey Posts: 4816
I didnt consider getting signed off at all. I've been suffering very badly with my back which the 1.5hr drive I have everyday didnt help, and went through stages of being so so tired, but unless I physically couldnt make it in to work or there was some issue that meant I shouldnt be working (not just the usual pregnancy cr*p we have to put up with), I would feel guilty about getting signed off. I would have loved it, but couldnt do it! I'm finishing this Friday at 36 weeks - taking 2 weeks annual leave before my mat leave starts.
Thanks Yoda ... Its a load of crap they basically just throwing me somewhere till I leave but in the worst place possible feel like like ab crap today Ill have early night see how I feel about it in morning Ddint help that it was thrown at me today.. i hope you get better as well , :thnk :thnk Pregnancy what !! :o0 :o0
wow hokey thats brilliant fair play to you your very dedicated I just been ridiculous as I said to Yoda it was thrown at me today prob feel better in morning when get some sleep,. Oh enjoy your mat leave 3 days and counting YAHOO !
Maybump Posts: 527
Can you not get on to the Equailty Board or Citizen information about it. I'm sure they can't just move you because your pregnant unless it's a Health and Safety reason. It doesn't seem fair. [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/] [img:2z4gqdhv]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/1;18;96/st/20090501/dt/6/k/d116/preg.png[/img:2z4gqdhv] [/url]
Yoda Posts: 3340
They sound like a dreadful crowd to work for but they do need to be careful not to be placing you under a lot of stress Here is a link with some info. not sure if it applies in your situation but at least you know your rights etc.... Have a good rest, maybe have a bath and as you say the early night Look at your options about starting maternity leave early rather then later Even talk to your GP if you feel under too much pressure but don't let anyone get you in such a state that you end up sick and stressed in late pregnancy BTW, I will be fine, I will be finishing work around Xmas Eve, then taking a weeks holiday and then starting m/leave on the 4th Jan
Hokey Cokey Posts: 4816
Jeez I didnt realise you were moved just because you are due to go on mat leave - no way can they do that! I didnt mean to make out that I'm really dedicated (I've used up loads of leave taking days off here and there when I cant face work) :-8 - I've just seen a few women take advantage of pregnancy in terms of sick leave etc. What I find with being pregnancy is that you have really really bad days and weeks and then you improve, and then it gets bad again, then better, and so on! You kinda get resigned to the fact that you're going to feel like sh*te most of the time :o(
workingmom Posts: 3429
I have been signed off work since I was 26 weeks. I also commute to work 3 hours a day in my car, buses and trains are absolutely no use to me. I have slipped discs in my back and pinched nerves, and now, I am suffering from SPD I think, I can barely walk and going up stairs is excruciatingly painful. I like Hokey, feel terribly guilty, and I never for one second thought about being signed off work sick early, besides anything else, my brain is dying from lack of use, but I soon realised that I have to look after myself and my baby. The only chance i have of normal delivery is to keep my back as strong as possible and that means rest. There's no way I'd put myself through a c-section because of work.
Hi Ladies , Thanks so so much for yoru replies I have had a lovely sleep and feeling a lot better Im just going to go in with head held high and see what happens and see how long I can do it ... Think the hormones starting new place been thrown in like that just upset the hell out of me but if I feel one bit stressed then I go early ml. You never know I might love it ha ha Thanks girls really appreciate it xxxx