when did you get / are you getting your hospital bag ready?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

trying2009 Posts: 107
just curious. am 28 weeks and still to do mine.
Diamondz Posts: 2208
I am planning to start gathering stuff up for my bag over the next few weeks... there is so much to get that I doubt I'll be able to pick it up all in one go...
sunnygirl Posts: 1876
I'm coming up to 35 weeks and I've half of it packed. There is so much stuff too - the bag is currently full and I haven't any baby stuff in yet. Need to repack and get another bag! At this stage i'll be going in with 3 bags! One for labour, one for me and one for baby!
red_rubies Posts: 2424
I started mine at about 35 weeks & then kept adding to it as I thought of stuff I'd need. I kept meaning to do it from 30 weeks onwards but just never got round to it.
Aquafina Posts: 354
I'm doing mine at the moment. Haven't physically started packing, but have picked up most things now.
MomToEmandJ Posts: 1977
i have all the stuff gathered for it and finished packing it yesterday but can't fit everything in so think i will need to get a bigger bag for the maternity ward. i have a small wheelie case for the labour ward, and another small case for ward but think i will need to change and get a medium sized case.
sept09baby Posts: 1094
Started at about 27 weeks just adding bits and pieces. Thought I had most of it but as I went through the list it took much longer to get together. Finished it about 32 weeks but am sure I've forgotten stuff
AA11 Posts: 313
I'm going to start picking up bits and pieces for it from now on but probably won't actually pack the bag until 31-32 weeks.
Salander Posts: 1639
i am 34ish weeks have most stuff picked up now - have to wash my lovely stripey nightdresses and pack the baby clothes and i am done! ooh also need to throw in my toiletries - dang i forgot them! :-8
hopingforsoon Posts: 1152
I packed around 33 / 34 weeks. Meant to do it earlier but never got around to it. We got a list from our antenatal class of what to bring and I stuck to that as it was the basics. If I need anything else, there's a supermarket across from the hospital so anything I need can be bought there by DH / my mom / his mom etc. Handy hint for your toiletry bag ... I bought travel sized shampoo / shower gel / toothpaste etc. Cuts down on what you're bringing in to the hospital, and also means you can have that bag packed and not be worrying about gathering up things from the bathroom when you start getting pains. I bought a spare toothbrush and put that in as well. Also, I only packed the one towel and a few dark handtowels. DH can bring me in a fresh towel each day and bring home the dirty ones. Cuts down on the bulk you've to pack.