When did you tell work?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

swissgirl Posts: 2301
Hi guys, When did you tell work manager/HR your pregnant? I know some people need to say it immediately (working with animals, xray machines, kids etc.) but the rest of you in an office environment when did you tell? When is considered not too late (dont want to be rude). x sg
motherhubbard Posts: 3037
Hi Swissgirl.. If you don't mind me asking, how come you haven't told them already? I don't really know when would be the latest, but you will be showing soon if your not already? I work in an office position that can require some lifting/moving so I had to tell my manager straight away. Haven't told anybody else in here though, I have said I have a back injury :o0 :o0
Hopefully07 Posts: 2027
Am 22 weeks and still haven't told them.......just can't seem to get around to it..... Have a scan on Monday and will hopefully tell him Tuesday......
theoracle Posts: 7664
I told them at 12 weeks, although not really by choice. I had bleeding at 12 weeks and panicked and wanted to go to hospital and had to say something, couldn't just leave and I was also crying so... But only my boss knew + HR girl who actually drove me to hospital, and the rest of people only found out when I was 16+ weeks - I started showing so there was no point in trying to hide it!
MrsNoc05 Posts: 1823
I told when I was 20 weeks, I had taken a half day at 18 weeks to go and have my big scan and we had an appointment with my consultant at 20 weeks and me and DH made a day of it went for lunch and shopping etc so I told work so he wouldnt take the day out of my holidays. Its a matter of choice really when you tell once you are not putting yourself at risk lifting etc. MrsNoc
Dootsay Posts: 958
I checked my mat leave document in work & I think legally I have to tell them 15 wks before the due date, so I have until week 25 - somehow I don't think I'll be hiding it that long. I'm in the predicament where I am not yet permanent so I can't say a thing til after that changes :-8 but hopefully by christmas
little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
I told them after 16 week check with GP.
Wannabamama Posts: 481
I told them last week and 14 weeks. Just could not hold it in. Its a very small office 6 staff.
oirish Posts: 1541
my manager and the floor manager already know as do the girls I work closely with. Going back to work on monday after 6 weeks off and I think i'l just tell my teams don't see the point in keeping it secret. I'l be 12 weeks on monday by "my" dates so i'm going with that :o0
LilyBlue Posts: 279
OMG MrsNoc05 how did you manage 20 weeks? Were you showing? Colleague, who happens to be my Godmother was going to “pretend” she didn’t know I was pg and book 4 weeks holidays in May, I am due in May! Fine with our boss once I was around. I didn’t want to appear sneaky ie knowing I was pg and say nothing to cover her plus its not fair to throw person covering me in the deep end so decided if he had all the info then he can decide so had to tell him at about 7-8 weeks, he took it well bless him! I told 1 or 2 early on but told the rest last Friday @ 13 weeks. Everyone was delighted for my DH, son & I x