Menu

Where did you meet your Partner to be?! - Page 3

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Roxana Oliver Posts: 4
Hey guys! I have been with my husband for almost 8 years now and we are a very happy couple. I always used to have short relationships before him, unlike him who had like 4 girlfriends before me. I never thought I'd actually fall in love with him cause we are so different. I was at a bad place when it comes to emotional status when I first met him and had some anxiety to start anything serious to begin with. :eek We started going out together but I couldn't commit. It was not until I read some professional dating advice on how to let myself go that I actually started letting the relationship develop. I fell in love with him and could never have imagined a different person in my life. :xox So for all of you who are against dating advice or similar tools, here is a story to tell you how those things actually work. I was such a skeptic. Now I'm a believer.
LadyLizzie Posts: 1724
In a pub on a night out. His friend fancied my friend so DH was playing wingman. Friends didn't hit it off but we did :lvs Lots of drink involved but I was struck by how nice he seemed, genuine & funny, not trying to be smart. He asked for my number, look at us now :) I have friends who are married to men they met online, it's all a bit hush hush but honestly so many people meet that way these days, pity they can't just be open about it.
Mary_tor Posts: 5
Met at a pub quiz, we were paired together to answer questions. We live 5 minutes away from each other but didn't know each other!
futuremrskelly Posts: 220
[quote="Mary_tor":1l1hylwz]Met at a pub quiz, we were paired together to answer questions. We live 5 minutes away from each other but didn't know each other![/quote:1l1hylwz] awh really was faith! :heartbeat:
OldBobbie Posts: 2
I met my wife when I was 16 years old in my last year in high school where she enrolled for the last year of her education. It was 10 years ago and since then we were together. I guess it's a pretty rare thing to be able to keep this flame that was ignited in such young age. Anyway, I guess it was just destiny. :heartbeat:
mudder1 Posts: 58
We met online too. He was living the other end of the country and working in the uk at the time. I had no intention of finding 'the one'. We started chatting online, because he lived/worked far away I figured i'd never meet him so could just be me! Didn't need to impress. Next thing, he said he was coming to meet me! :eek We met less than 3 weeks after first online contact. We just clicked! It was 10 years ago next weekend. we saw each other every weekend and at Christmas we spent 10 days together with his mother and my kids. He moved in with me the following February and we have never looked back. We're as happy today as the day we met :heartbeat: We said we met at the Listowel races in the beginning, but now everyone knows we met online :yelrotflmaosmilie:
Service Finder
debrahall Posts: 12
In party, he was my mutual friend.
OliGibbs Posts: 6
Hi! Since I'm neither a party person, nor a bar/pub one, we met at work... Sounds boring, doesn't it? But we've been together for 2 years, want to get married, and everyone calls us a perfect match!
claireodo Posts: 5
Tinder... not a great story but what can you do :xxx