Where to bring 2 five year olds

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

missi moo moo Posts: 1700
Hi Guys wondering can you give me some good places (dublin) to bring 2 five year old girls. Want to bring my niece and cousin out saturday, don't want to do the zoo as they've been loads and a bit worried about the weather. They've seen Ice Age so don't think there are any other suitable movies, they've been to the childrens museum and hurley burleys, just wondering is there anything fun you can recommend? Thanks Missi
shala Posts: 1733
How about 'Energy' in Rathcoole? It's an indoor adventure place. Or what about 'Fort Lucan' - it's an outdoor adventure centre!
mrs bmw Posts: 6447
Viking Splash tour dublin bus tour bus It's a bit out but Funtasia in Bettystown is good or else bowling
Time For A Change Posts: 6885
Maybe you could bring them to the Lambert Puppet Theatre in Monkstown (www.lambertpuppettheatre.ie). I brought my niece and nephew there as thier Christmas treat last year - they're still talking about it!!! Hubby and I loved it too, they brought out Judge and Mr Crow from Wanderly Wagon!!! :o)ll :o)ll Hubby didn't think he'd enjoy it because it was "for kids" - he loved it. All the kids were joining and the songs were brilliant. We bought them little finger puppets as a reminder of the show, they still play with them. I had orignally brought them to the panto in the Gaiety, and they weren't pushed by it really - and the tickets cost a fortune too! I'd highly recommend the puppet theatre! Hubby and I were like kids ourselves when we left, the main character from Wanderly Wagon was outside (can't remember his name) to say goodbye to everyone. He knew by our faces that we remembered him from our childhood - and the fact that we walked away saying "Oh my God, that was ??" He hadn't changed a bit. The kids will love it - and so will you! :wv
missi moo moo Posts: 1700
Thanks a million some great suggestions I'll have loads of days for them looking at that list!! :o0 :wv
Doll Face Posts: 3721
Fort Lucan, the National Aquatic Centre, Newbridge Farm playground and house, Hurley Burleys play centre Thats all i can think off at the min apart form xx
mrs bmw Posts: 6447
[quote="missi moo moo":1cu78pp4]Thanks a million some great suggestions I'll have loads of days for them looking at that list!! :o0 :wv[/quote:1cu78pp4] charlestown on ice?? they have kiddie section
SparklyB2B Posts: 1131
Viking Splash National Aquatic Centre Blanchardstown Imaginosity Sandyford Ark Museum Temple Bar Annie is on in the olympia & is a fab show Airfield house in Dundrum