worst weedend of my life!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

babe06 Posts: 898
Well Girls - sure i thought I'd give ye a laugh for a Monday morning and fill you in on my adventurous weekend in Donegal.... where inlaws live we were flying up and although the take off was very rocky we got to DOnegal in good time only to be told that we were unable to land there as the winds had taken off - the pilot tried twice but in each case pulled back up. So he said we'd either be going to Derry or back to Dublin (guess where I was praying for!) Anyway we went to Derry where I'm not joking you we practically crash landed. honestly girls it was the most terrifying experince of my life - even at one stage DH turned to me and said we're not going to make this he'll have to pull up. But he didn't he kept going and as we swayed from side to side and up and down we eventualy got down with lots or tears and prayers. We then had to stay on the runway for ages as it was too windy to open the doors and when we eventually did we had to be tied down! Some lovely guy got up at the end and shouted to a friend of his at the back of the plane - well what did yiou think of that - to which his friend replied "Jaysus you'd pay 10euro for that in Funderland" Thank God for Irish humour!! So a quick synopsis of rest of weekend - got bus from Derry to Donegal - which broke down so we had to change buses, got into DHs house at 12 midnight and electricity went as we walked in the door. Froze for most of the weekend as they still wont put heating on in bedrooms or bathroom! Had orange juice that was gone off by 2 weeks so sick all weekend (MIL omitted to tell me that!). Then got lift home - no way was I flying back - and as we got to Dublin we got a phone call from MIL to say DH had left his car keys in Donegal!!!! I'm still trying to calm down. My keys were in his car - so no house keys or car keys between us. Now it could have been worse but we have spare keys in my Mums house so after much arranging and rearranging we got home and I drove him back to the airport that night. You can imagine the homour I was in! So much for my lovely relaxing weekend............ DH actually said he was looking forward to going back to work to this morning!! I was very tempted to take the day off today! Hope ye all at a much nicer weekend
Cowslip Posts: 761
Well holy god babe06, if they put that in a movie you wouldn't believe it ! You poor thing, How many things can go wrong in the one weekend ? At least you are home now in one piece...
Peaseblossom Posts: 6642
sounds crazy at east you made it back safe [img:3nj37w3k]http://blog.rac.me.uk/photos/effervescent_flowers2send.jpg[/img:3nj37w3k]
Grace Ann Posts: 2464
thank God ye landed ok. my sister works for aer arann, they cancelled her flights on friday because of the wind. those planes are very small for all that wind. I take it ye wont be going to visit again for a while?
Hepburn Posts: 4081
Holy crap!! Babe06 did you break a mirror or walk under a ladder or something. Let that be an end to it now.... Only good luck for you both for the rest of the year!
Mrs Lucy06 Posts: 929
Glad to hear you & little one are safe & sound, a horrible experience, would really make you wonder about planes!!! Lucy :o)ll
aylala Posts: 3673
Oh my God Babe - what a weekend :eek
MrsHappy* Posts: 2496
OMG what a weekend. I'd hate for something like that to happen me..........but I didn't have a good laugh at your expense :o0 Your poor hubby having to go back to Donegal the second time as well. A day in work is definitely a lot easier!!!
strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
oh my god you poor thing i can only imagine im not a godo flyer myself hope your ok :thnk