38 weeks pregnant and woke up lying on my tummy!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

blondiechick Posts: 1641
Girls, i am sure I am just being paranoid....I am almost 38 weeks pregnant and i have no idea how this happened...never happened before!! But I woke up lying on my tummy...don't ask how I managed it, coz I am HUGE. I guess I was so wrecked last night I just passed out when I hit the pillow, but I am so paranoid this morning.....is it possible to squash the baby?? I have felt movements this morning. It seems fine. But I am totally paranoid. I probably sound really silly, but I am a little worried that I could have done some damage to it. Does anyone know if it would be ok? Thanks x
Wife09 Posts: 873
I seem to half roll over and sleep on my tummy all the time, ive been grand. But If in doubt ring the maternity hospital dont get yourself stressed out.
Heavenleigh Posts: 1406
Ah Blondie pet.... I woke up some night last week lying kinda half on my side and half on the bump IYKWIM... Was at the doc the day after for checkup anyway and all was fine... Your babs is movin away like normal today anyway, and TBH I have never heard of anybody squeezing their baby while lying on the bump... I guess it is just not an option to lie on bump as it is sooo uncomfy... I guess you must have been really knackered last night to fall asleep like that....But baby is well cushioned in there in all the water... Not long to go now for you :xxx CanĀ“t wait to hear your news....
blondiechick Posts: 1641
Thanks wife09 and Heavenleigh. I guess I am just paranoid....overanalysing things!! Baby is moving ok today so I hopefully it's ok. Once its born I guess I'll be worrying about other things!!....it's a mum's job to worry about her LO!! Thanks again :thnk
MummyLuv Posts: 2478
Don't u worry pet bubby is fine, I spent most of the last 4 weeks of my pregnancy more or less lying on the bump as surprisingly it was the only way I could get comfy! Never did DD any harm at all, they are very well protected in there ! Try not to worry hun x