3rd trimester stomach issues

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

maviscruet Posts: 73
Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience - I had some nausea in my first trimester but never actually puked, the whole way through the second trimester was fine, now am at 31 weeks have been having really bad upset stomach/nausea/diarrhea on and off for a couple of weeks. Off work today as felt so bad couldn't go in and have been getting sick all day. Finding it really weird as didn't have this at all with my last pregnancy and getting a bit freaked out so would like to hear if anyone else has had a similar problem?
mamime Posts: 791
I had terrible nausea for 16weeks with my 2nd pregnancy and towards the end i also had nausea again on and off as i had bad heartburn. My LO was big so i think everything was just getting pushed up and made me feel sick again. When baby "dropped" it eased everything again. I also had loose stools towards the end..34 weeks plus.. sorry for the graphics but towards the end this can happen as they say its the bodies way of gearing up for labour. So you are not alone ;) However you may have eaten something that didn't agree with you or it could be a virus. Would you maybe go see your doctor to rule things out? Just so you are sure that you will be fighting fit for labour!
maviscruet Posts: 73
Thanks a mill for your reply - ended up phoning the hospital who also said would be better to get it checked out - GP reckons its a virus so am off work for the week. Glad that it is a once off as it's not fun! thanks again for replying :)