6months pregnant with bad pain in left hand side

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ConfusedBride2Be Posts: 463
Hi Girls, I'm 6 months pregnant and I have a really bad pain in my left hand side since early this morning. I can't describe it but it's like crampy period type pains, has anyone experienced this or any ideas what it might be??? Thanks :wv
soulful Posts: 1697
I had a baby in July and got them kind of pains your talking about a couple of months before I had her. In the second trimester, the muscles and ligaments (tough bands of tissue) that support your uterus stretch. This can cause a dull ache across the belly or a sharp pain on one side. Many women feel this pain most severely when getting up from a bed, chair or when coughing. Normal abdominal pain may also be caused by gas pains and bloating caused by hormones that slow your digestion,The pressure of your growing uterus, constipation or heartburn When you feel abdominal achiness, sit down, put your feet up and relax. Resting comfortably should quickly relieve your symptoms. Other tips: Avoid quick changes in position, especially turning sharply at the waist. When you do feel a pain, bend toward the pain to relieve it. Put a hot water bottle wrapped in a towel or a heating pad on the lowest setting on your belly. Take a warm bath or shower. Make sure you are getting enough fluids. If it gets severely painful then go to your GP. It can be a sign of a kidney infection or a uterine infection. O:o)