acupressure bands for morning sickness

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

baby-talk Posts: 73
Hi, has anyone tried and tested acupressure bands for morning sickness? I'm 6 weeks pregnant and suffering from all day nausea. It's been a week now and there's no sign of it easing. I'd try anything to feel normal and eat a proper meal.
Diamondz Posts: 2208
I would give them a go..... I tried them at the beginning when I had all day nausea and whilst they didn't take it away completely they certainly reduced the level of nausea... Try drinking genger ale too - I hear this is good but didn't try it to be honest! Hope you feel better soon :wv
Thanks a mill Mayalldone. Where did you buy them? were they fabric or plastic bands?
justwed09 Posts: 2349
babytalk i got mine the chemist, they are the ones for travelling, they look like little sweat bands with a little ball on them. i found them ok, definitely took away the feeling if only for a few hours. my wrists got very itchy after about 3 or 4 hours wearing them so i took them off for a couple of hours and put them on again. my ms has stopped totally this week, thank god. although it does worry me a bit. i find ice pops great for the ms as i had it all day for the past 3 weeks.
vanilla icecream Posts: 2125
Hi, You can get them in boots also. I used them when I was nausea on the trian and I felt they worked for me. I had to take them off in work though as it was the early days and didnt want people asking what they were for and a few girls in here would of known why I was wearing them. they look like sweat bands.
I'm sold. Heading straight to boots. May I never eat another ginger biscuit!
Bright Flower Posts: 483
I used them too - was a bit skeptical at first, but I think they did help.
spanishb2b Posts: 1261
I've been using them too and while they don't make you feel 100%, they definitely help.