ah wollies :(

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
im fkn up s*it creek because the mortgage was in arrers last month (and a bit this month to) no where will give me a loan to clear my debts, i was even refused by my own bank that happily gave me the car loan last year :o( tesco also refused me, i dont know what to do :o( Please say a prayer Halifax will give it to me iv applied for less its really going to be a struggle so please please plllleeeeeeeaaaassseeeeeeeeee say a prayer i get it, im having a hearnia here. Wollies prayers always work. Oh can I have a hug as well please thanks :thnk
Loopy Loo Posts: 1774
God you are really having a sh*te time of it :o( Keeping everything crossable crossed for you.....and here goes with the hugs :action32 :action32 :action32 :action32 :action32 :action32
TokenMale Posts: 6845
Call your mortgage company and arrange something with them if you haven't already. They're generally reasonably sympathetic if you contact them, but less so if you just go into arrears without a word. Temporary breaks from repayments can be arranged, and other such things. Given your circumstances, I'd still consider unlocking some equity and clearing other debts. Not something to be taken lightly, but desperate times etc. Best of luck.
[quote="TokenMale":1qy1eay2]Call your mortgage company and arrange something with them if you haven't already. They're generally reasonably sympathetic if you contact them, but less so if you just go into arrears without a word. Temporary breaks from repayments can be arranged, and other such things. Given your circumstances, I'd still consider unlocking some equity and clearing other debts. Not something to be taken lightly, but desperate times etc. Best of luck.[/quote:1qy1eay2] cheers TM but we already had a top up last year so defo cant go for another one, on a better note we have freezed the mortgage for 3 months so gives a bit of leeway i still need to get my own finances sorted, debt sucks!!! i need to win the lotto.
Anonymous Posts: 24542
[quote:g6rbo72c]cheers TM but we already had a top up last year so defo cant go for another one, on a better note we have freezed the mortgage for 3 months so gives a bit of leeway i still need to get my own finances sorted, debt sucks!!! i need to win the lotto.[/quote:g6rbo72c] Still contact them though, SS, and tell them what the story is. They can usually come to some arrangement with you; that you pay a bit less each month or whatever. Once they know what the situation is they're usually very accomodating. Best of luck.
Gonetopasturesgreener Posts: 3556
You're having a pretty sh*tty time there Strawberry shortcake. I don't know much about mortgages and that so I can't really help you there. I just want to say that this time last year, we were going throgh a really sh*t time too, and I never thought we'd get out of it but we did, and you will too. Keep the head up and here's a hug! :action32
thanks for all the replies girls [b:2rj3moec]edit to say TM to[/b:2rj3moec] i know il be ok i was just counting on the loan i know i shouldnt have but i thought i would get it, iv an appointment with the credit union on saturday morning so they will hopefully let me pay off some of the loan with my savings or reduce it, then im paying a bit off each credit card to get them under the limit(devils work :) and my dad is helping with mortgage but least it will be frozen and wel only have to pay the insurance. sky will just have to cut me off :o0 :o0 seriously. So least its looking a bit better i suppose still say a prayer halifax will say ok. :thnk
2009 Bride Posts: 990
BIG HUGS :action32
Little Angel Posts: 913
Really sorry to hear about this, least u have the mortgage freeze for 3 months and even try put in on an interest only option for a while too if you are stuck! best of luck girl! :wv
willful Posts: 6822
Jaysus SS you poor thing :action32