Menu

all official now! & questions bout food, hopsitals ??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

bonita Posts: 1678
Hiya, Just back from the doc - all confirmed now :o)ll :o)ll Im 7 weeks, I feel more excited now that its official. I'll get a ticker later, & go see if I have a due date twin. Quick question - Galtee spreadable cheese - Is this ok? Is it pasturised (sp)Also Danone Activia Yogurt is that ok? I have to decied which hospital to go for, Im really not sure at all. Im South Dublin so my options are Holles St, Coombe or Mt Carmel. Im gonna do a few searches on here and try to weigh it all up. :wv
Sassy Posts: 2269
Congradulations Bonita that is brilliant news. Its so exciting now that its confirmed by your doctor. As for the hospital you choose i think it really is personal prefference. I suppose it depends on what you are looking for in was of care and how much you are willing to spend if you are thinking mount carmel.
wilbwalsh Posts: 117
congrats :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll O-O O-O any sickness as yet??? had mine in Holles,and their policy is natural birth unless mom or baby is in distress.u will find that midwives r just tooooo nice they wil bendover backwards 4 u.i chose to go with the midwife clinic for prenatal care which was great coz my midwife had 4 kids and her advice was priceless. they also have an early release programme where they discharge u 6 hrs after the birth as long as baby is fine and u had a natural birth with no complications.u wil then hve a community midwife visiy u in yr own hme for 4/5 consecutive days to check up on u and baby and answer any querys u may hve. any more questions just ask.
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
Ah brillent congratulations :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll Holles Street all the way :ooh :o)ll Not sure about the soft cheese sorry
may2008 Posts: 455
Congratulations. As far as i know that cheese is fine. I would agree with the other posters on holles st. i found they couldn't do enough for you. the midwives were great. my baby got into distress and had to be delivered by emergency section and the nurses/doctors were great!
NotHere Posts: 10273
Just wanted to say congrats! :o)ll Here's to a happy & healthy pregnancy :thnk
charli Posts: 5994
congrats!! - welcome on in to p&b!! :o)ll :o)ll the cheese is fine to have dont know about hospitals in Dublin but Holles Street gets great reviews on here!! Colleague of mine when living in Dublin went to Mt Carmel and extremely happy but costs a fortune looking forward to chatting to ya!
under construction Posts: 3458
Congratulations and welcome aboard. I choose Holles st in the end too - Mount Carmel would have been handy for me for appointment etc but i just couldn't spend the kind of money they were looking for. Haven't had my first appointment in Holles st yet but all i have heard is good things so far. Congratulations again, and wishing you a very happy and healthy pregnancy