Any DIYers out there?? Need help with hair comb

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
Hi girls Im having a fancy dress party for my birthday. I have my costume sorted but I need to make a head piece!! I have 5 ostrich feathers about 14 inches long. Ideally I would like to wear 3 of them to the side of my head. (hope Im making sense here!!) So far have some up with the idea of sticking them to a hair comb and getting the hairdresser to put it in the side of my hair. What would be the best way to stick them to the comb? or Does any body have another idea??? Thanks a mill :wv
ott Posts: 3920
[quote="ttbride":3jzauo2o]If you want to use glue you could buy a glue gun. I know that Dublin Woollen Mills and Rubanesque have them (and probably loads more places). I don't know how you want the feathers to sit against your head but how about using a fabric covered hairband? Then you could sow the feathers on to it, and it will stay in place better than a comb.[/quote:3jzauo2o] Thats a good idea about sewing them to a hairband never thought of that!! Will try to describe the way I want them.... I want them to start at the side of my head. They are a bit floppy so will flop down on the centre of my head. That make any sense?
Thanks for your help :wv