Anyone recommend a good read? - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

NAUGHTYDAISY Posts: 1734
Ah so us Daisy's have the same taste in books it seems. Have so many upstairs. Will have a look in the morning and recommend some more.
I Dream in Disney Posts: 1592
Oh, I read Phillipa Gregory's 'The Little House' last week. It's good. It was turned into a tv series for the BBC (I think) last year.
babymomma Posts: 175
Yep, it's David Nicholls. Hope you enjoy it! [url:39upywlz]https://www.amazon.co.uk/One-Day-David-Nicholls/dp/0340896981/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1301779669&sr=8-1[/url:39upywlz]
oopsadaisy Posts: 67
Hi Wollies, I have just finished One Day and loved it! My sis gave it to me, really enjoyed it! Sis tells me that it is now going to be made into a movie and that Anne Hathaway is going to play Em!! Noooo way- in my mind she's not what Em is like at all! Would anyone agree/disagree?? BTW am reading The Irish Brides Survival Guide at the moment! My lil sis bought it for me, so cute! (and informative). :lvs
yippeeme Posts: 2139
I second Room and A Thousand Splendid Suns. Also loved The Kite Runner. I'm about to start The Help, heard loads about it hope it doesn't disappoint now! Babymomma another book set in the deep south is The Secret life of Bees. It's about a slave woman's relationship with the white daughter of the house. I had heard loads of rave reviews of it but i actually haven't finishd it, not that i didn't like it i just got sidetracked iykwim, but i will defo go back to it, my friend loved it and she likes all the same kinds of books i mentioned above so i generally go on her recommendations! I've also heard good reviews of Jodi Picoult's Plain Truth, it's about the Amish community, meant to be good too. :wv
latika Posts: 153
I loved this book - Shantaram, I laughed out loud so many times during it & also sobbed at one part. Probably helped that I had spent time in Bombay where the book is set so knew lots of the places he referred to. I've bought the book for lots of friends & they loved it too!
MrsMN2010 Posts: 267
Just finished The Hunger Trilogy! The Hunger Games is the first one. Aimed at young adults but superb read!! Other good ones- The Tea Rose by Jennifer Donnelly and its sequel The Winter Rose..historical fiction capturing New York and London in the early nineteenth century!
babymomma Posts: 175
[quote="self":1kdenrc1]I second Room and A Thousand Splendid Suns. Also loved The Kite Runner. I'm about to start The Help, heard loads about it hope it doesn't disappoint now! Babymomma another book set in the deep south is The Secret life of Bees. It's about a slave woman's relationship with the white daughter of the house. I had heard loads of rave reviews of it but i actually haven't finishd it, not that i didn't like it i just got sidetracked iykwim, but i will defo go back to it, my friend loved it and she likes all the same kinds of books i mentioned above so i generally go on her recommendations! I've also heard good reviews of Jodi Picoult's Plain Truth, it's about the Amish community, meant to be good too. :wv[/quote:1kdenrc1] Thanks a mill, will check that out.
Daisywall Posts: 577
I love The secret Lives of Bees, it's different but great
elpi Posts: 748
The last book I read that I really loved was The Passage by Justin Cronin. I get all my books from the library as just read too much to buy the books. Thus is the 1st book in ages that I've gone and bought after reading it.