Are you having - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

pluppy Posts: 3519
i dont think so, not sure we're having a 3 oclock ceremony and dinner at 8, so people will have had lunch but maybe mince pies or something small because we're having a massive meal
citygirl Posts: 154
We're having them as well, they are included as part of our package anyway but I still would if they weren't already included... that said you certainly don't have to have them and alot of people probably wouldn't notice!
jen2 Posts: 3106
We are having them at our drinks reception. Getting married at 1.30pm and dinner is at 6pm. In saying that it is included in the total package. Jen2
Bulmers Posts: 1281
We are having them, but luckily they are incorporated into the package. I think the main thing to consider is how (a) how far your guests have had to travel from and (b) how familiar they are with the area. I've been to a wedding where I popped home en route for a bite to eat (lived in Dublin wedding in Dublin). As against that H2B and I drove to a wedding 3.5 hours away from us last year. We didn't know the area so stopping for a bite to eat wasn't an option. The couple did provide champagne and chocolate at the wedding venue (civil ceremony) , but Christ,I was ready to eat the table by the time we sat down for the main meal. HTH
newkid30 Posts: 2233
I am from Mayo and most weddings I've been to have had them, so maybe it's different in different parts of the country.
winter bride Posts: 60
Hi :) We are getting married at 1pm, we've decided to have canapes also. Just wondering we've 140 guests coming, but surely we don't have to get canapes for 140 people do we? Also, how many people do you have the night time food for? :oops: [img:ywafkfax]http://tickers.tickerfactory.com/ezt/d/4;10714;104/st/20061208/e/Till+i+marry+my+H2B/dt/-19/k/69e9/event.png[/img:ywafkfax]
Marvin Mole Posts: 1076
We not having them at the hotel. Where I'm from most people have the tea/coffee/shortbread in the church hall after the service just before the bride and groom head off to get their photo's taken. The women who go to the church organise it. It gives the bride and groom the chance to chat to guests before photos.
bucketofchips Posts: 1913
We had canap├ęs for 1.5 hours after our wedding ceremony - have to say they looked fab and seemingly they were yummy :) - but in typical bride fashion I didn't eay one of them - same with my dinner.... very peeved with myself on that - only came across our caterer's list the other day on the computer and it brough it all back - 9 months of planning a wedding on the other side of the world and I ate hardly any of the food >:o(
WifeZilla Posts: 1222
I'm getting confused between canapes and crepes..canapes are the little au dourve thingies on bread/pastries/crackers and stuff isn't it? Little olives and tomatoes with cream cheese and the likes...???
Loopy Loo Posts: 1774
Hadn't planned to, so voted no. But someone said in a wedding report recently that they had cheese & crackers on arrival which I thought was a great idea. I'm a cheese freak so if I'm not too demented on the day I'd be tucking in! Our ceremony is at 2pm so there isn't a huge gap, but thinking about it now, something small might be nice!