Booking through Expedia...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

serenity Posts: 3675
Hi girls, Just wondering if you can give me some advice... We are hoping to go to NY in November for about 4 nights... Looking at flights and hotels on the internet.... When I go into certain hotel websites (their actual websites), the rates are quite expensive for our stay.... Expedia popped up on my homepage and when I go into the same hotels through Expedia the rate is significantly lower... Just wondering if any of you have booked through Expedia and if so, is it okay / safe / reliable?? Thanks girls xx
wifin Posts: 4761
Hi hun We booked our honeymoon to the Maldives through expedia and found them great :wv
milinda Posts: 785
We've booked through expedia a cople of times and have never had any problems. Enjoy NY :thnk
cremebrulee Posts: 8546
we've used expedia a good few times and have never had one single problem with our booking.
forsure Posts: 282
We have booked our hm through here also - think ite a reliable site like hotels,com- go for it!
romobo Posts: 840
Yep, go for it - they are legitimate and when you book through them they often send you discounts and stuff! Love NYC, v jealous, enjoy!
curlywurly Posts: 158
I had an absolutely horrendous experience with Expedia and would never ever recommend them to anybody. If you want more details, just PM me.
theoracle Posts: 7664
used them many times, never a problem. also used them for a trip to ny for dh's 30th and all worked out great.
pigeonwife Posts: 3789
Whenever I book accommodation through a third party website such as expedia I always follow up directly with the hotel asking for any special requests I have just to make contact and ensure they have my reservation. I find if you do this than it puts you on the hotels radar and you get better service.
serenity Posts: 3675
Thanks girls for all your comments... As usual, always really helpful xxx :thnk