Bottles

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

corkmarriedgirl Posts: 147
Hi, Just wondering how many bottles are needed for when you get home from hospital?
littlesugarloaf Posts: 2000
We had six but bought 2 more since getting home. We also got the SMA starter pack with the ready made bottles which took the pressure off us for that first day home.
limakilobravo Posts: 64
Depends on how you plan to make up your bottles. If you're making them up as you need them 2 is enough, if you plan on making them up in batches you'll need 6-8. If you're buying a new steriliser there'll probably be a few included. Not all bottles suit all babies tho so i wouldn't rush to buy loads and loads of one brand. I wouldn't bother with the smaller size bottle either tbh
MrsAC Posts: 1190
I orignally started on the advent bottles and use to make 8 bottles but i was wasting 2 cause she barely taking them i had to change Dr Brown at 3 weeks and she's only taking 6 bottles she nearly 5 weeks now
corkmarriedgirl Posts: 147
[quote="MrsAC":2lvu7ppf]I orignally started on the advent bottles and use to make 8 bottles but i was wasting 2 cause she barely taking them i had to change Dr Brown at 3 weeks and she's only taking 6 bottles she nearly 5 weeks now[/quote:2lvu7ppf] I have gotten a few Dr Brown bottles but they are all different sizes...should I get more of the smaller size?
MrsAC Posts: 1190
I just got the big ones never got the small ones. I wouldnt waste your money on buying the small ones on Dr Brown bottles they cost so much to get and you'll only get a couple of weeks out of the small ones