Boy Baby Name - Opinions please - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Sleep Monster Posts: 2829
I like Theo, but none of the other variants to be honest. I like boys names that are strong and I think Theodore and Teddy are a bit whimsical.
hyperrational Posts: 697
I just think of Robbie Williams' daughter to be honest. Would like Ted but not Teddy. I can't picture an adult called Teddy, but that's just me!
RoseDawson Posts: 1494
Ya I would like Ted better, Teddy is a bit to cutsie for me for a man's name! My friends cousin called her little boy Bobby, I thought that was cute but would still be ok for an older man too.
mummytime Posts: 3149
Cant see it becoming very popular. To me, its a nickname and i wouldnt give my child a nickname as a name.
MrsAmy Posts: 983
Well, his name would be Theodore and the nickname would be Teddy....
Nostress Posts: 1606
I have to say I don't like Teddy. Too babyish for me. [quote:yrrf74ry] MrsAmy ยป Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:46 pm Well, his name would be Theodore and the nickname would be Teddy....[/quote:yrrf74ry] You won't be able to control what others call him and to be honest the majority will use Theo if they see the full Theodore written out. You can call him Teddy at home all you like but once school starts etc it is very hard to tell people what to call him. (This is from personal experiences)
Daisyboo Posts: 1347
Wouldn't be my cup of tea. As another poster already mentioned, it reminds of Robbie Williams daughters name.
MrsAmy Posts: 983
Funny... I've the exact opposite experience....for the most part, in my experience, kids go by nicknames or don't have nicknames based on what they're called at home...my nephew is a "Christian" and his name is never shortened as my sister doesn't like any of the shortened forms and he has never been called Chris/christie etc in school, at extra curriculars or anywhere. I've a few other similar experiences too... wouldn't be worried about others calling him different form of it at all! :-)
PMA Posts: 113
It's like when you pick THE wedding dress for you, you don't care what anyone else thinks of it, you love it, it makes YOU feel good, so you keep it and are delighted. Same goes for YOUR babies name, if YOU love it, go for it. Don't tell anyone, NOBODY will tell you they hate it after he is born, you'll know by their faces like I do when people ask what my DS's name is!! :) but I don't care because I LOVE it. I like Theodore! I think it's a really strong name. Fantastic on a CV and he sounds like he could be president. Teddy is fab to, HE might drop it when he is older, but to his mommy he will always be Teddy, I think it's fab!
Sassypants Posts: 4461
[quote="PMA":10dv7pyn]It's like when you pick THE wedding dress for you, you don't care what anyone else thinks of it, you love it, it makes YOU feel good, so you keep it and are delighted. Same goes for YOUR babies name, if YOU love it, go for it. Don't tell anyone, NOBODY will tell you they hate it after he is born, you'll know by their faces like I do when people ask what my DS's name is!! :) but I don't care because I LOVE it. I like Theodore! I think it's a really strong name. Fantastic on a CV and he sounds like he could be president. Teddy is fab to, HE might drop it when he is older, but to his mommy he will always be Teddy, I think it's fab![/quote:10dv7pyn] I agree. My little man is called Sonny and while some people give me funny looks a lot seem to like it, or maybe they are just being nice. Who cares, I love love love his name, it suits him and means a lot to me (er...us?!)