Bruises

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Helenl123 Posts: 1457
Hi everyone, ok i'm starting to get a little worried... I have always bruised easily enough, but lately i'm getting bruises so easily and they last for weeks. I end up looking like a battered woman, it usually on my arms or legs that i get them as its the easiest place to accidently knock myself. It could only take something really small, like someone hugging me, or knocking my arm off the table, or even liek the other night, rubbing my arm while it was hot and one side sticking to other part of arm and straight away next morning, 3 bruises... I was talking to my H2B and he said it can be a blood thing as to why ppl bruise so easily.... When i do bruise also it takes up to 2 to 3 weeks for them to go. Some can be huge while others are relatively small like size of finger nail.
kingdom girl Posts: 955
Helen you should visit your GP, it could be related to your blood/anaemia or something, Im not going to try and diagnose here nor should others. For peace of mind you should see your doc. Alternatively if its not a blood thing Arnica is a great herbal cream that helps speed up the recovery of bruises
Italy07 Posts: 5409
I have noticed that same thing recently too and as you said they seem to last a lot longer then they normally did!!
jen09 Posts: 1390
You could be anmenic (sp?) but again I won't diagnose, go see your GP if you are really concerned.
Helenl123 Posts: 1457
ye its a little strange, its kinda been at its worst maybe for about 2-3 years now... when i get paid at end of the month, i'll go to my gp, best to get a blood test to rule out or diagnose whatever might be wrong. Thanks for your replies girls, in the meantime i'll try and hide whatever unslightly ones pop up.
dollybird222 Posts: 184
hi i had the same problem for years and eventually my GP referred my to the National Blood Coagelation Clinic in St James hospital Ive been given a diagnoses now ive whats called von willbrands disease (it sounds serious but it isint) basically it means by blood doesnt clot like it should therefore bruises (bleeding under the skin) i have more symtoms also that are all linked you should go to your GP and see what he says it could be something simple before i went to james my GP put me on a vitimin B12 tonic as bruising can also happen if your body is lacking this goodluck
cmp Posts: 100
All my life i've bruised for no reason, and they take ages to go away! Have never looked into it, but everybody who notices mention's that it has something to do with blood lacking iron or something. Was the B12 by injection or tablet or mineral form? Might be worth finally looking into.
Nearly Married Posts: 180
I have the same thing and my G.P told me i was healthy that it happens to some people. I am a bleeder which means i have a problem with my blood clotting - sounds bad but it just means i bleed a little more than others but has not affected my life. It also seems to be hereditery as my grandmother brusied very easily, go to your G.P and check it out but don't panic it's prob nothing, also i think as i get older i bruise easier either that or i'm getting clumsier :-8