Businesses using wrong spellings

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsBraxton Posts: 4662
Does this bug anyone else? Always amazes me how so many businesses can advertise things with wrong spellings in them. I always notice - prob the teacher in me coming out! :o0 Today passed a shop down advertising [color=#8000BF:20pdtaei]Chinese Lanterens[/color:20pdtaei] for sale and in the Post Office sorting office here theres a sign behind desk for staff saying it is of the [color=#BF00BF:20pdtaei]upmost[/color:20pdtaei] importance. Have also seen ads for weight loss saying [color=#BF00BF:20pdtaei]loose[/color:20pdtaei] a stone in x amount of time. Just gives such an unprofessional impression. I know, I know I've little to be annoyed about! :innocent:
Couchkitten Posts: 438
The most annoying one I saw was an educational company e-mailing me about "stationary" :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0
kila2008 Posts: 678
Worst I've seen was a sign company with spelling errors on their sign advertising their business. The funniest I've ever seen was local pub advertising 'lion dancing' classes, I wanted to go but I don't own any jungle animals! Also saw a small advert in my local paper (pre-recession when business were advertising jobs) looking for a sales assistant in small shop.."man or woman only need apply" - not sure what sort of applicants they were expecting.
MrsBraxton Posts: 4662
[quote="kila2008":m7cr6nys]not sure what sort of applicants they were expecting[/quote:m7cr6nys] Maybe a dancing lion! :o0
Jacqueline Hyde Posts: 1145
I've seen this somewhere recently and now i'm going cracked trying to think where i saw it and what it was. Damn you :duh: :o0
Dancing Queen Posts: 2591
A sign behind a cashdesk saying ''Strickly staff only behind this point'' O:| And also my daughters Junior Infant teacher had a picture of a banana with the spelling 'Bananna' :ooh
MrsBran2Be Posts: 123
[quote="Dancing Queen":1nep7edl]A sign behind a cashdesk saying ''Strickly staff only behind this point'' O:| And also my daughters Junior Infant teacher had a picture of a banana with the spelling 'Bananna' :ooh[/quote:1nep7edl] Jeez, whatever about businesses making these kinds of mistakes, at least they're only hurting themselves! But a teacher? :eek :eek There's a hostel on Gardiner Street that advertises "on suites". Any French people that come over must just think we're pure thick!! It drives me mad too, to the point that I wouldn't want to give my business to them if they can't even be bothered to use spellcheck!!
mrswifey2012 Posts: 2042
[quote="Dancing Queen":1xplnlz4]And also my daughters Junior Infant teacher had a picture of a banana with the spelling 'Bananna' :ooh[/quote:1xplnlz4] Oh noooooooo!! On behalf of the teachers of Ireland, I apologise for that RIDICULOUS spelling of banana! I'm totally anal about spelling and punctuation...even when I get texts, it drives me nuts when there's no punctuation!!!
Jacqueline Hyde Posts: 1145
[attachment=0:2qsr5y6t]Duh.jpg[/attachment:2qsr5y6t] :o0 Gotta love the irony
mrswifey2012 Posts: 2042
[quote="babybubbles":2bn0nubv][attachment=0:2bn0nubv]Duh.jpg[/attachment:2bn0nubv] :o0 Gotta love the irony[/quote:2bn0nubv] Oh God, I can't even look at that sign........ O:| O:| O:|