Can't sleep, won't sleep

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

NotHere Posts: 10273
Girls, I am shattered! I haven't had a right nights sleep in over a week. I think I'm worried about the first trimester and what it'll bring. But as well as that, I'm feeling really sick at night and it keeps me awake. I'm getting af type pains at night which I figure is my womb expanding and contracting, but I don't know how much more of this non-sleeping I can take :o( Was thinking of maybe bringing a hot water bottle to bed but then thought that's be bad for my bean. Sorry to moan, but can't tell anyone else.
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
Ah Flutterby thats terrible for you. I know you cant have hot baths when pg, but would perhaps a warm bath with lavander help relax you and ease the cramps.
Thanks NLTG, I wonder is it alright to put lavender in the bath? I know you can't use aromatherapy oils when pregnant, does lavender count? I'm so clueless :-8
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
Oh Jeeney i dont know, i was thinking about the radox stuff, they have a calming one. I used it last week and had to go to bed straight after i was so sleepy.
bellabella Posts: 2750
[quote="Flutterby.":1mm1loct]Thanks NLTG, I wonder is it alright to put lavender in the bath? I know you can't use aromatherapy oils when pregnant, does lavender count? I'm so clueless :-8[/quote:1mm1loct] Best to avoid it, it's being debated all over the place and no one can agree. Anyway stay away from things like that in the first trimester to be on the safe side. Do you remember i couldn't sleep past 4 am for a couple of months? Well i find that staying away from my laptop, tv for about an hour before going to be helps me to relax.PLus i've put meditation music on my ipod and i don't read baby related books before going asleep. I am sorry i cannot help you more but at the moment i am only sleeping for about 3 hours a night.So if you find a cure let me know. Good luck xxxxxxxxx
Thanks Bella :thnk It's really hard this not sleeping craic isn't it? I'm tired enough as it is without losing sleep too. Definitely getting into bed early tonight, absolutely have to get some sleep or I'll go insane :hic
I think the key is learning to wind down and of course pregnancy insomnia is a common complaint.
Thanks hun :thnk Actually, do you think that the cramps I'm feeling at night are normal too? Would I be right in thinking that it is my womb expanding?
Honestly chicken, the cramps are a great sign and believe me i had them and i was asking everyone is this normal and everyone gaureented me it was perfect.My gynae says it's a healthy sign. They don't really go away either.The pains change as the time goes on. NOw my sister is pregnant, my twins wife is pregnant (due around the same week) and we all have the exact same symptoms. honest to god, sure wait till the pain in the "Lady garden" starts thats when the fun really begins,hahahaha.
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
You poor thing I can't get enough went to bed last night at 10pm and im still tired :-8 your mind is spinning and maybe try some of those remedies for the sickness before you go to bed...take care