Canaries

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

stargal Posts: 462
We are thinking of heading away for a week in January to beat the winter blues but we would :lvs :lvs :lvs good weather and were thinking of somewhere in the Canaries. Has anyone gone here in January and if so, what is the weather like and where would be the best place for money (we'll be quite strapped :hic ) and weather?
happyfamily Posts: 3323
We went on a winter sun holiday in Egypt in January a few years back. Only 5 hr flight and guaranteed wonderful weather! It was 25-28 degrees. Able to sunbathe all day without feeling chilly or breaking a sweat! Prefect weather! Good package deals available or if you're willing to risk it hold out and you can get great last minute deals.
[quote="kerrywedding2011":3hjqgkfq]We went on a winter sun holiday in Egypt in January a few years back. Only 5 hr flight and guaranteed wonderful weather! It was 25-28 degrees. Able to sunbathe all day without feeling chilly or breaking a sweat! Prefect weather! Good package deals available or if you're willing to risk it hold out and you can get great last minute deals.[/quote:3hjqgkfq] :ooh I never thought of Egypt, is it expensive over there?
Egypt is out for us, but have been recommended Puerto Rico, has anyone been in January? What is the weather like?
GoldStar Posts: 775
Hiya, I've been to Lanzarote in February before, wasn't scorching, but better than you'd get here!! It's a few years now since we went, but think it was in the early 20's.... Puerto Rico is nice too, I'd much prefer it to Playa Del Ingles...
LastRolo Posts: 6892
Awh you lucky duck!! We've been to the canaries in October and the weather was lovely. A few of the attractions/shops and some pubs were closed though, due to low season.
Twirl Posts: 5598
Its years since i was in Puerto Rico but its lovely but i think Lanzarote is the best out of the islands for weather that time of year ( so i have been told ) . We went to Fuertoventura in december 2 years ago and it rained some days, cold at night but it was nice apart from that.
Jawl Posts: 8881
I've been to Puerto Rico, and Lanzarote. Enjoyed both. But if I had to choose, i'd go to Lanzarote again, Matagorda is gorgeous.
Oh god I wouldn't mind if most places were closed, just to be able to chill out and relax with a bit of sun/warmth sounds devine :o0 I get quite down in the winter and as everyone else, January is a poxy month >:o( I'm not looking to go out on the batter every night and we'll probably be making/eating our own meals as we won't have loads of cash but just to get away from all this doom and gloom and also to have something to look forward to :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
Twirl Posts: 5598
We went to Lanzarote last year for the 2nd time and we stayed in fab place, it was in the middle of the old town and new town. We preferred the old town but you will eat out a bit cheaper in the new town. We made our own breakfast and lunch every day bar 2 and we saved a good bit by not doing that, we also ate a little healthier too ( chips come with everything nearly )