Carrying the baby differently in tummy while PG

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Christmas B Posts: 6191
[color=indigo:ixtd0yji]Right, so two of my friends were pg last year and we're all the same size. They were able to close their jeans, button and all, right up until month 8. I'm only 3 (maybe 4 - TBC in two weeks) months pg and all my trousers are about 2 inches too short of closing. Do we all carry higher or lower i.e. differently? I was standing side ways in front of the mirror last night and just above my pubbie line is really pushed out. My friends seemed to have carried their babies much higher up in their tummies than I am. Is this totally normal and how are the rest of you carrying so far??[/color:ixtd0yji]
jen2 Posts: 3106
I am carrying lw in this pregnancy. I am just over 25 weeks and have a huge gap between my boobs and my bump. Carried differently on last pregnacy. cant remeber how I was on first pregnancy as it was 10 years ago. Think everyone is different. Dont worry about it. Jen2
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
I seem to be carrying all over my tummy if thats possible...you could be retaining fluid or bloated mrs so I wouldnt worry about it,let nature take its course,Ive noticed I might go for a pee 2 a day even after drinking water,juices and milk
mummy bear Posts: 3824
I am carrying low in this pregnancy and i like jen have a huge gap from my boobs to my tummy but then again i carried twins the last time so am hoping there is only one in there this time!
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Do you have narrow hips Christmas B? I have very narrow ones (the opposite of good childbearing ones but hey, I look good in hipsters!) and so my belly is really sticking out like a little shelf and my belly button is already indicating that it's going to pop. Everyone is saying "oh it's a boy coz you're all out front" but that's just becuase there's nowhere else for it to go!
Chicken Licken Posts: 873
I noticed that I was much more bloated / swelled when I was 10 or 12 weeks and when I said this to the doc he said it is probably because everything is getting moved about inside to make room. He said it would setle a bit and he was right - I feel much smaller and am back in hipsters that weren't fitting me at 12 weeks. I am getting a bit more rounded rather than the jelly belly that I had a while back!