CB Digital Reading???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lucyloo32 Posts: 957
i was reading on a number of sites that a CB digital test calculates 'conception' based on a typical 28 days cycle. My cycle was always 38-40 days... reading was 1-2. Does that mean my due date is 10 days sooner or later (i.e that im 10 days 'more' pregnant) in reality. My last period wasnt since 14th april, so i think the doc may just be throwing a dart at the calander to date my pregnancy! :o0
dancerformoney Posts: 2733
not sure what date the dr gave you. i just did a due date calculator for you based on a 38 day cylce length. due date is jan 29th and you are now 11 weeks. i am approx 29 day cycle and my lmp was 9th april and my due date is 14th jan. sounds bout right to me for your edd. http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/tools/pregn ... 99&week=11
Emme Posts: 4735
i always understood it to be from the date of conception. I other words say I'm 4 weeks gone today, I would probably get a reading on a digital of 1-2 weeks pregnant. i.e it would assume conception took place less than 14 days ago. Bring that into the real world then you date from the day of your last period...which isn't something you can do so just add the average 2 weeks and you're 4 weeks pregnant in our speak!
ah lord girl.... im sitting here horrified.. :o0 :o0 :o0 that can hardly be now (can it???) my cycle is usually really regular and then this cycle went mental (af not to be seen for months). i was doing tests every fortnight and getting bfn's right up until friday, so i can only imagine itd be impossible for me to be that far (damn wishing thinking tho... i wish you were my doc!!!) il go to the doc this week. when i rang to tell her, she told me not to rush in
[quote="Emme":2xz5zt5f]i always understood it to be from the date of conception. I other words say I'm 4 weeks gone today, I would probably get a reading on a digital of 1-2 weeks pregnant. i.e it would assume conception took place less than 14 days ago. Bring that into the real world then you date from the day of your last period...which isn't something you can do so just add the average 2 weeks and you're 4 weeks pregnant in our speak![/quote:2xz5zt5f] but dont they 'date' conception based on a 28 days cycle Emme? why dont men get pregnant? do they know how demeted we women go with all this!! O:|
i dont really understand. you only got bfp on friday???? but last period was 14th april!!?? but its 3 mths since the LMP! thats way longer than 38-40 days, its like 80 odd days! what date did dr give you?
Emme Posts: 4735
Not really. I'm 4 weeks pregnant but this time 4 weeks ago I was in the throws of a mc/AF. I was no more pregnant but I'm counted as being 4 weeks pregnant because it's easier to name the date of your period than the date of your conception. In reality the first day of your last period has no bearing on how pregnant you are..it just adds two weeks onto the time since you conceived which seems to have been 2 weeks ago.
[quote="Emme":32nytiug]Not really. I'm 4 weeks pregnant but this time 4 weeks ago I was in the throws of a mc/AF. I was no more pregnant but I'm counted as being 4 weeks pregnant because it's easier to name the date of your period than the date of your conception. In reality the first day of your last period has no bearing on how pregnant you are..it just adds two weeks onto the time since you conceived which seems to have been 2 weeks ago.[/quote:32nytiug] so she ovulated 2 weeks ago and missed may and june AF's? well the first part makes sense but the missed periods doesnt. but then the hpt would have def showed up a pregnancy way before now and surely there would have been symptoms of preg before now. anyway, im delighted that you got bfp!! maybe do an early scan and they can date it for you! i had a very early scan at 5 + 4 and they got same dates as i had. but that was done in an a & e. think the private ones do them from 7 weeks.
almighty angel Posts: 281
Congratulations on your BFP! It is my understanding that the CB digital uses the amount of pregnancy hormone present in the urine to date your pregnancy from the date of conception. That would mean that you are 3-4 ish weeks pregnant.
thanks for your help girls, i think im more confused now tho haha will just wait for the doc i think, going to organise an early scan too. wishing my life away here, i just want the weeks to go already. My bbs are a full size bigger, surely they are going to stop soon, if that only 4 wks... imagine whats to come (im already a DD) O:|